Valued Contributor
My tips for her: See a good Derm & listen and follow their protocol for treating Rosacea. Use a physical sunscreen every.single.day.
Super Contributor

I will echo glmama's advice regarding a good physical spf. Also, just in general, stay out of the sun as much as you can.

Respected Contributor

Metrogel is my go to during a flare. Avoid chemical sunblocks and scrubs in general. Rosacea is different for everyone, so if you purchase skincare or makeup make sure the vendor has a generous return policy or request samples of products. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

The topical meds didn't help my rosacea. I had to go on a prescription pill called Oracea. It helped tremendously.

Honored Contributor

Rosacea is chronic. It affects different people in different ways. It can be managed. But there is no cure for it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Unfortunately, every case of rosacea is unique. What works wonders for one person can be a disaster for another. I can't use any of the prescriptions for rosacea, including metro gel and metro cream), as they irritate my skin,

The best thing your friend can do is treat her skin gently and watch for patterns to see what triggers her flare ups. Avoiding my triggers is the best way for me to manage my rosacea. For me, skin care triggers include vitamin c, essential oils, fragrance, chemical sunscreens, most anti-aging ingredients, citrus.

Valued Contributor

I use Finacea and it seems to have my rosacea under control. I also do not eat spicy foods and shower in lukewarm water. In regards to make up I use Hourglass. It is mineral based and the Veil formula covers me very well.

Regular Contributor

Hi Serena,

You're getting some good advice on this thread. Treating my skin gently and trying to avoid flare-up triggers have been most helpful to me in dealing with my rosacea. Triggers for me are wine, stress, sun, chemical sunscreen, retin-a and glycolic acid treatment products. As for covering redness or flushing on my fair skin, foundation with a slight yellow undertone helps neutralize the redness without leaving me looking jaundiced. Hope your friend finds some good solutions that really help.