Esteemed Contributor

Any thoughts on the "Renewed" Hope in a Jar Eye product?

I saw it in the recent Ulta flyer. I was not a fan of the original HIAJ because of the smell. I'd love to hear your feedback if you've tried this eye product.

Here are the ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tribehenin Peg-20 Esters, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Mica, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitol, Titanium Dioxide, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Urea, Glucosamine HCL, Algae Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Adenosine, Sodium Hydroxide, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Faex/Yeast Extract/Extrait De Levure, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hyaluronic Acid, Silanetriol, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbic Acid, Hexylene Glycol.

Super Contributor

Re: Any thoughts on the ""Renewed"" Hope in a Jar Eye product?

I didn't know that Philosophy had a new eye product. A couple of days ago, I noticed that QVC was carrying a new "Renewal Hope in a Jar" moisturizer. I too would love to hear from someone who has tried these products.

Esteemed Contributor

At Ulta, it's $51 for 0.5 ounces. No one has reviewed it on Ulta's website, but here is the product description:

Details-

Your eyes smile, laugh, flirt and sometimes share secrets (like just how little sleep you got last night). Renewed Hope In a Jar eye is specially formulated for the delicate skin around your eyes and the multiple concerns affecting it. Featuring the clinically-proven, non-stop skin renewal technology that continuously hydrates, brightens dark circles, reduces puffiness and smoothes the look of fine lines, renewed hope lets your eyes say exactly what you'd like them to, and nothing you don't.

100% of women saw the following improvements in just 1 week:*

• Dark circles brightened with eyes that appeared revitalized and healthy-looking
  • Skin feels refreshed with long-lasting hydration
  • The look of fine lines virtually erased and puffiness minimized
  • Energizes tired-looking eyes with an Asian fruit extract
  • Brightens dark circles and reduces puffiness with algae extracts
  • Retexturizes skin to smooth the look of fine lines with a yeast complex

*Based on an 8-week self-assessment test with 41 women

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod11751087&skuId=2281910&_reque...

Respected Contributor

I would like to hear a review on this item as well. Got an email today on it.

Contributor

If you are a Sephora Beauty Insider & spend $25 online, the code NEWBEAUTY will get you 2 deluxe samples. One of the choices is Renewed HIAJ for eyes. I did this so I could try it. I'll let you know when I receive it & try it. I am loving the Renewed HIAJ so far!
Respected Contributor

I don't have the newer version,but I did purchase a large jar of HIAJ months ago. The smell doesn't bother me, but the results disappoint. Shortly after applying the product to my face it would make me feel stiff and definitely not soft.

On another post, someone asked what the QVC purchase you liked least (or something like that), and this would definitely be my second place loser, with Purity being the first place winner overall.

I'm not going to try the new version.

Valued Contributor

I don't use Philosophy skincare, but I got a sample of this new eye cream in a recent online order from Nordstroms. Tried it for about a week (it's a very generous sample tube) and the only thing I noticed for sure is that it was very drying for the skin around my eyes, which is not the norm for me. I ended up throwing out the remainder of the sample and using my normal skincare.

Super Contributor

I have used this eye cream for 3 days now and really like it. I find it very soft to apply and the skin around my eyes are very soft. I like it and plan to continue using it. I was using Miracle Worker Eye which is probably better for me as I am no spring chicken but it tends to irritate my eyes sometimes, I think it is because it has retinol in it. I am liking the face cream also.

Contributor

Interesting about the Miracle Worker Eye cream. I couldn't use it either & felt like it was the retinol.

I am loving Renewed Hope for eyes. I've been using it a couple of weeks AM & PM. No dramatic results of course but it doesn't irritate my eyes or do weird things under my concealer. My skin does feel softer. I'm using it along with Renewed Hope in a Jar which I'm also loving.

Respected Contributor

Just wanted to mention for those of you who are liking the Renewed Hope in a Jar line of products, godfreako posted pics showing a Renewed Hope in a Jar cleanser, and a Renewed Hope in a Jar body lotion will coming to QVC.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥