Trusted Contributor

Any thoughts on Hydro-zone TSV?

I am so on the fence with the TSV of Hydro-zone.

The plant demonstration is pretty interesting. I am just tired of wasting so much money shipping things back.

HSN increased their return fee to $7.95, Evine has increased theirs to $9.95 (on some products)!!!!! It is getting insane.

I figured I would ask if anyone tried the first version of this hydration cream?

I also do not like that there is soy in it. Not sure that would be a dealbreaker yet. Skip said it had soy in it last night, bummer for that.

Anyone buying or has tried it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any thoughts on Hydro-zone TSV?

All done spending big bucks on skin care and makeup that I don't end up using...shopping the drugstore....plenty of good choices these days.....

Honored Contributor

The serum contains parabens, they both have coconut oil, which is a known pore clogger.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I have been using Hydro-zone since it was first offered and love it.  It has made a huge difference in my skin and I don't need to use any other product. No moisturizer, no serums, no nothing.  So it actually has ended up saving me money.  I have combination skin, large pores and wrinkles.  It moisturizes, never feels tacky or sticky and I no longer have those little white bumps that appeared with all of the other products I've used.  

Trusted Contributor

I can highly recommend Paula's Choice's products.  Have been using them since 1995.  Her products are guaranteed for 60 days; superb customer service (call for free samples), no animal testing, no jar packaging, fragrance-free, color-free.  Her BHA is amazing and you won't find any other BHA product for sale elsewhere, love her serums, and all her Retinol products.  Go her to website and read the ingredients and customer comments.  Sign up for her emails and you will get offers.  I just got one for 20% off and free shipping.  I pay no sales tax from her website, but I do pay sales tax from HSN and QVC.

Trusted Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I can highly recommend Paula's Choice's products.  Have been using them since 1995.  Her products are guaranteed for 60 days; superb customer service (call for free samples), no animal testing, no jar packaging, fragrance-free, color-free.  Her BHA is amazing and you won't find any other BHA product for sale elsewhere, love her serums, and all her Retinol products.  Go her to website and read the ingredients and customer comments.  Sign up for her emails and you will get offers.  I just got one for 20% off and free shipping.  I pay no sales tax from her website, but I do pay sales tax from HSN and QVC.

Does she have something that hydrates?

Trusted Contributor

I am surprised at having parabens? I thought just about every company has removed them?

Why are parabens bad? (sorry, I honestly do not know. Just hear vendors rattle off "no parabens").

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

I am surprised at having parabens? I thought just about every company has removed them?

Why are parabens bad? (sorry, I honestly do not know. Just hear vendors rattle off "no parabens").

@gabstoomuch, it's been the object of fear-mongering, IMO. I have found not definitive studies that show that using products with parabens as their preservatives are in any way dangerous.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gabstoomuch wrote:

@gabstoomuch, it's been the object of fear-mongering, IMO. I have found not definitive studies that show that using products with parabens as their preservatives are in any way dangerous.

I am so tired of hearing the evils of parabens.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

@henderson wrote:

Does she have something that hydrates?

Yes she does @isaboo. Go to her website and you can enter in your skin concerns and they will show you what products would be ideal for you. Paulas choice has a lot more cutting edge ingredients and products  than Perlier and you can be assured they are the correct pH, without fragrance and other irrirtating ingredients, packaged correctly to assure they stay fresh and last and none of the active ingredients will be compromised. I looked on HSN website and I see one of the TSV's is packaged in a jar. That is not good for two reasons. One is that jars are unsanitary because you are dipping your fingers in them and that can cause cross contamination. The other is that  beneficial ingredients won't remain stable once it is opened. All plant extracts, vitamins, antioxidants, and other state-of-the-art ingredients break down in the presence of air, so once a jar is opened and lets the air in, these important ingredients begin to deteriorate. 

If you want to check out Paulas Choice the first page has a place that says Find the Best Products For Your Skin and you can list your skin concerns and also click on what type of products you need. If you go there during business hours, you can chat with a PC rep if you would rather do that and have "live help" to address your concerns with. 

Hope that helps!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK