Contributor

Any suggestions on keeping mascara and eyeliner on the eye...not under??

I am finding as I am using moisturizing under the eye products as I age,my eyeliner and mascara seem to melt under my eyes. I tried a primer...but still ended up under my eyes. I use Lancome mascara. I have noticed this the past few months... How do I keep the color where it belongs and not weeping under? Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Any suggestions on keeping mascara and eyeliner on the eye...not under??

Can totally relate.  Have the same problem.  Have even stopped using moisturizer around my eyes but doesn't seem to help.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try using a blotting paper close to the lash line and on the upper eyelids before you apply your cosmetics. Then after that, you may want to blot again to remove any oil that naturally occurs on the eye area throughout the day. Some people have more oil than others so this just depends on how often you'll need to blot.

Some people like to use setting powders but for me they are somewhat drying and tend to make my eye are more wrinkled so I stay away from the setting powders around my eyes. Primers are okay, but they offer no sun protection so when you apply a sunscreen on top of a primer then that might be a problem, too. 

Respected Contributor

Use waterproof mascara. I won't wear anything else because I end up with black racoon eyes. Never use just  reg mascara.....if so put a waterproof mascara coat on top.

Honored Contributor

I stopped putting liner on my bottom lid and no mascara on my lower lashes.  No more problem.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Oh I have to smudge liner on my upper and lower lashes. I don't feel completely done unless I use mascara on my lower lashes too. And I NEVER wear waterproof mascara! I will absolutely not use eye makeup removers around my precious eyes. I only wear washable eye makeup, that includes mascara. I do use eye moisturizers and since I wear Urban Decay Primer Potion my eye makeup stays on forever. I found that UDPP is the only primer that works splendidly for me. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@snowangelm  I recently purchased for $3.00 e.l.f. Magic Matte Mist which sets your makeup.  You close eyes and spray 12 inches away over entire face.  It is worth a try for $3.00.  It kept all my makeup on including mascara when it was very humid outside yesterday.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My routine is to apply my moisturizer, then foundation and let it set while I dry my hair.  Then I put on my Bobbi Brown'' eye liner'' - which is actually Bobbi Brown'' eye shadow'' that I apply with an eyeliner brush.  Stays all day, never moves. Mascara comes next but I think it's important to let your face creams set for a few minutes before going on to the eyes.

Honored Contributor

I was using a setting spray, too, and that worked pretty well. My problem is that I'm really trying to get away with using so many products on my skin. I want to eliminate exposure to the chemicals found in so many of my skin care and cosmetic stuff. For me less IS more.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped using the moisturizer and under eye products in that area except on really bad allergy days. I do use a finishing translucent powder (Bobbie Brown) that I brush over that area and it works for me. Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten works also but I prefer BB. Hope one of those solves the problem for you.