Honored Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for toner (for the face)?

You might want to ask @Shanus .   She knows a lot about skin and and skin care.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

You might want to ask @Shanus .   She knows a lot about skin and and skin care.

'Thanks for the "mention" @ECBG , but think she wanted a drugstore toner. The two I use are not. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus, May I ask which two you use? YOU I trust completely. Your honest and always helpful. Many thanks

Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@Shanus, May I ask which two you use? YOU I trust completely. Your honest and always helpful. Many thanks

@sligo   Appreciate the confidence. Didn't reply since you requested a drugstore brand. I use Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Toner. It's mild, no alcohol, just cleanses what's left on skin. In fact, some mornings, I just use that on a cotton pad to cleanse my face and not strip any moisture before beginning my skincare. 

Honored Contributor

I use Neutrogena alcohol free toner. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus, I am wanting to try skinceuticals. Will you help me as to wear to start? At 3/4 century I have very few wrinkles(Fair Irish skin. Not porcelain)Have been using Tatcha cleansing oil and deep cleansing granules, and Essence. Need a change. Use very little foundation, if any light foundation..  Nor really necessary. Other then mascara. light cream blush and lipstick.. I am going to purchase the skinceuticals .. eye balm. Notice there are 3 diff ones. Your rec. please. Do you not like there toner?.I sincerely appreciate your kind help.

Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@Shanus, I am wanting to try skinceuticals. Will you help me as to wear to start? At 3/4 century I have very few wrinkles(Fair Irish skin. Not porcelain)Have been using Tatcha cleansing oil and deep cleansing granules, and Essence. Need a change. Use very little foundation, if any light foundation..  Nor really necessary. Other then mascara. light cream blush and lipstick.. I am going to purchase the skinceuticals .. eye balm. Notice there are 3 diff ones. Your rec. please. Do you not like there toner?.I sincerely appreciate your kind help.

@sligo   A few questions: 1. Dry, oily or combo skin? 2. Do you use Retin A or a Vit. C serum in the morning? I'll check the eye balms w/ more info for you. I do use their exfoliating toner, but only on nights I'm not using Retin A. 

Honored Contributor

@sligo  BTW, mine is just Skinceuticals Eye Balm. There is one for aging eyes (?), but too rich for day under concealer. Prefer to use one product for both. Here's my skincare routine. My skin is normal/dry. No/few wrinkles and 72 in July. Have been using Retin A for almost 35 years and Spf rain or shine. Started Skinceuticals many years ago and have stayed with it adding products as my skin needed. I am very fair, wear only a tinted moiturizer, cream blush and gloss...sometimes add liner, mascara, shadow, etc. if going out at night. I have good skin, few spots to cover. Would rather spend more time on skincare and not on makeup to cover up skin. 

AM SKINCARE:

1.  Cleanse w/ Cetaphil and if rough patches add a bit of Skinceuticals Micro Exfoliating Scrub

2.  Obagi Professional C Serum 15% (or one of 

your choice)

3.  Skinceuticals Emollience Rich Moisturizer

4.   Neutrogena SPF 50

5.  Skinceuticals Eye Balm

6.  Bare Minerals Ageless Genius Neck Cream (at Q)

PM SKINCARE

1.  To remove makeup, Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil (or

a makeup remover of your choice). Cetaphil if no

makeup

2.  Alternate nights of Retin A with Skinceuticals Equalizing

Toner + Skinceuticals Renew Overnight Dry Skin 

Moisturizer.

3. Skinceuticals Eye Balm every night and BM neck cream

4. Choice of Lip Balm AM & PM 

If completely confused or have questions, please feel free to ask anything. I'm an open book. 😀

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus , I appreciate you taking to help me Shanus. Do you use the skinc. for washing your face? Do not use retina but do use vit c..Hhave you used skinc. for cleansing your face and their toner? i read you use BB toner.. A sincere thank you for your kindness in helping me.I hope I am not being thought of as being nosey asking your daily regiment. Just really feel you share great information

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sligo   I enjoy sharing my knowledge, so no issues there.  I don't use any of their cleansers. I like an oil to remove makeup (they don't make one) & because I do use Retin A, Vit. C and their toner w/ acid, I prefer Cetaphil for a gentle cleanser in morning. The Bobbi Brown toner is also a gentle hydrating one that I sometimes use in the mornings if my skin seems to need a little TLC. I forgot to mention I also add argan oil to my moisturizers in winter when skin is extra dry.

I'm a big believer in having an arsenal of skincare products, looking in the mirror, feeling your skin and determining what it needs at that time. That's why I alternate Retin A w/ moisturizers, etc. It was overkill as I got older and skin dryer. In the summer months, my skin can tolerate Retin A 2 nights on and 1 night off...it's hot in NC, skin gets oily. In winter, I need to add a drop of oil to my moisturizer at night, in summer not a chance. 

Be sure to ask any questions as they come up. I check in almost every day. Stay safe.