Respected Contributor

Any suggestions for toner (for the face)?

Does anyone use toner any more?  My face gets oily in the T-zone and I'd like to use toner on a cotton swab for my forehead and nose during the day.  Drug store recommendations?  TIA

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for toner (for the face)?

Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel (Pore Perfecting Toner) fragrance free, gently cleanses, conditions pores to maintain clear, smooth & balanced skin without overdrying. 100% all natural. Available at most stores and drugstores.
Trusted Contributor

toner 1.jpg

Screenshot (487).png

Honored Contributor

Some very nice natural toners from companies like Andalou, Alba Botanicals. I would go with something alcohol free for sure. 

Honored Contributor

@spent2much  Here are a couple of suggestions.  I recentlly purchased Mario Badescu Chamomile toner (no alcohol) 25% off and free shippiing.  If you have problems w/oil you may select another choice.  Also, Thayers is a very good toner.  I used the Rose in Thayers which should be at Target, Walmart and drugstore.  Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Alteya Organic Bulgarian Rose Water.  It’s a true Rose Water, made by distilling rose petals, rather than a concoction with rose scent added to it. 

Honored Contributor

I use Elemis toner in apricot.  I love it and use it often! However it's not drugstore and is pricey.

Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Hauschka is my very favorite toner -- I am so in love with the smell. I didn't even need it right now, but I just bought another bottle because, well you know, shopping is limited these days and I needed a treat.😵

facial-toner.jpg

Respected Contributor

For drugstore toners, I really like L'Oreal's Hydrafresh Toner. It's pink.

Second to that, Neutrogena's Alcoho-Free Toner. They also make an oil-free version that might suit you better (my skin tends to dryness). Blue.

My first choice is Dr. Denese's toner, but it's $19 and sold out on QVC. The L'Oreal and Neutrogena are around $6 and available all over, even in my supermarket.

Trusted Contributor

Your Good Skin Active Treatment Tonic, available at Walgreen's, is very nice for oily skin:

Amazon.com: YourGoodSkin Blemish Clearing Active Treatment Tonic ...