Valued Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for a BB, or CC cream with spf ??

I was ready to recommend PTR's CC Cream with the small buki brush but you didn't like the color. The other BB or CC creams I've tried and liked are Smashbox. Color and texture are critical though and I've had to try quite a few (either hi-end or drugstore) to land on the best for my skin type & color. I think it might be a tougher search than for Foundation! I have Golden-Medium skin tone and I like a light even coverage with some hydration (not Matte finish). I also always mix a bit of Laura Geller Champagne Spackle with the BB or CC before applying it to my skin. I've been experimenting with these products since they first arrived on the market and I finally found the right formula so I don't ever wear foundation anymore. I think after using PTR's CC for a year my skin has improved too -- it's got amazing ingredients & Vit C & the tube lasts a long time. QVC often has it on EZ Pay. I wonder if you could mix the lighter shade & medium to get a good match for you? Good luck -- hope this helps. You have a lot of good suggestions now!
Respected Contributor

I love Boscia BB. The SPF is physical which is a huge plus in my book. It is a sheer coverage, though.
Super Contributor

Boscia (Sephora) or Lumene (CVS)...

Super Contributor

On 7/18/2014 BellaCarro said: I love Boscia BB. The SPF is physical which is a huge plus in my book. It is a sheer coverage, though.

I was at Sephora today and tried this, it is very nice. I also brought home a sample to try before making a final decision. I just wish it had a higher SPF.

Honored Contributor

Depending on what you want to spend:

Stila

Bobbi Brown

Rimmel (I have but may be too dark for you - I am light)

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

O.k thanks for all the replies..I'll go into Sephora, and see what I can sample. My Sephora is in JCPenny and is limited on products. I guess the mall should carry some of these.

I break out from Physicians Formula, in the powder, so I'd be afraid to try the cream. Appreciate all the suggestions!!

Regular Contributor

I like Mac's BB cream with Mineral SkinFinish Natural on top or Smashbox's BB cream with Halo on top.

Frequent Contributor

I love the Bobbi Brown CC and it has an SPF of 35. The "fair nude" is very, very light, and I switched to the "medium nude" and it is perfection for me. It is extremely concentrated and I smooth it on quickly by hand and it's very mousse-like. If that's a word.

I've also used her BB cream which I did not like as well. The CC is also available oil-free and I was looking for that without dryness especially for our hot, humid summers (Chicagoland).

HTH. Kiss

Valued Contributor

Surprisingly, I love the Philosophy A to Z cream. I say surprisingly b/c I had given up on most Philosophy skin care and/or MU products. This is lightweight, provides light-medium coverage, and doesn't irritate my skin. Love the finish--not drying-which is one of the beefs I gave with lots of other creams of this type.
Super Contributor

Supergoop CC Cream (they sell it here if you want to check it out). I'm all about the zinc content and this has the highest I've found in a product that I can wear as a foundation. The coverage is medium, I'd say, and the finish is satin-y, not shiny.

Whichever you get, make sure it has good UVA protection, too. SPF only addresses UVB protection.