Valued Contributor

Any reviews on the Calista FauxBlo?

Since it is sold out, there are no reviews of the Calista FauxBlo thermal dryer on the Q.  Has anyone seen any? To those of you that bought one,  what do you think?  Is it any better than her Perfector?

Respected Contributor

Re: Any reviews on the Calista FauxBlo?

@LexaMom wrote:

Since it is sold out, there are no reviews of the Calista FauxBlo thermal dryer on the Q.  Has anyone seen any? To those of you that bought one,  what do you think?  Is it any better than her Perfector?

I have both the Perfector and the FauxBlo. I like the perfector but the FAUXBlo seems to hold my hair better because of the bristles and it does not get caught in my hair (just at or below shoulder).  I am liking it.  

Super Contributor

I bought one and haven't been impressed at all. I said I would give it a few tries but so far not impressed. I will probably send back.

Frequent Contributor

I also have both the Perfector and the FauxBlo and the Faux Blo gives me a looser/more relaxed style which I was looking for.  I was concerned that the FauxBlo doesn't have a heat setting because I have thin, fine hair. The two times I've used it; however, it seemed to style my hair more quickly so I used it for less time than the Perfector.  I rewatched the video, and it shows the model using the gloved hand to wrap her hair around barrel.  When I did that, the glove got caught on the barrel and created some pulls in the glove but they are fixable.  Also, the FauxBlo didn't come with a case which I think you would need if you wanted to travel with it because it will catch on things more easily than the Perfector but I have an extra case I can use. So far, I think the pros outweigh the cons but I need to use it a few more times to be sure.   

Frequent Contributor

I have both the fauxblo and the perfector. I just recently started using the perfector from the recent tsv they had. I like it and it works, but I don't love it. I have fine thin hair and it gets frizzy and can get wavy in parts do to humidity. Anyhow I was looking for something that could smooth out my hair and give it lift. The perfector can do it for me but takes a while.

As for the Fauxblo for me this is better then the perfector. It heats up fast and smoothed my hair very quickly. Gave me more smoothness and shine and a bit more lift then I could achieve with the perfector. I wish they had the Fauxblo special before the Calista Pefector tsv. Oh well I will get use out of both of them. But for me the Fauxblo is just what I needed.

Now the glove gets caught in the bristles at times no big deal. But it's not the best. I just ordered a glove off of amazon to give a try. I wish the Fauxblo had some different heat settings. (by the way it heats up very quickly) I also wish that the tip on the end was longer like the perfector it would make it easier to hold. It could also use a travel bag. 

But for me it is a winnner. I'm not very talented at smoothing my hair or doing hair styles but this just works for me. It did what she said gave that blow out look.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I love it! I use my Perfecter for curls and Fauxblo for next day hair. It smooths and defrizzes my hair leaving it with volume and incredible shine. Maria is right. My hair feels and looks just like I had a blow out at the salon. I have long, color treated hair. Because of years of abusing my hair and getting older, I am fighting more frizz and breakage. Fauxblo makes my hair feel and look a lot healthier. I love it, love it, love it!Heart

I purchased one the day it was on air.  I am SO glad I did.  I absolutely love it.  I had been using and old Revlon one that was horrible and then I bought a silicone one that cause a lot of static.  The Calista curls and straigtens.  I love it.  Glad I got it before it sold out.  Can't find it anywhere.

Valued Contributor

I just used mine for the first time this AM.  It did a wonderful job to get rid of my frizzies - and didn't take long at all.  I was able to put very large sections of hair into it.   I also liked how fast it heated up.     I found the glove to be a little awkward but its better than chancing a burn.

Occasional Contributor

I am very much enjoying it!  You need to be careful at first, but you can get the hang of it after using two times (and throw the stupid glove that accompanies it away!)  I still LOVE my Perfecter and would not be without it. I bought the very first incarnation of the Perfecter she ever made - still have it and it's working - and have bought several since...only to have different size barrels in my arsenal. Love them all. But the FauxBlo is truly like getting a professional blow out. Not so "curl centric" as the Perfecter. I use them both in my routine, alternating for different looks that I want to achieve. I will say that I'm puzzled by how quickly the Q seemed to make the FauxBlo "disappear" from their website. What's up with that I wonder?!!

Respected Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

I liked it better but sent it back when I got two big burns on my forehead. I’m in my sixties with curly hair and have been using styling and straightening tools all my life and only once before did I burn my forehead. I only used the FauxBlo two or three times and got two pretty bad burns.  It was a no go for me.