Trusted Contributor

Any recommendations for a safe sunscreen?

Contributor

Re: Any recommendations for a safe sunscreen?

Isomers Sunscreen with UV Pearls, been using for years.

Respected Contributor

I only use mineral sunscreen since I don't care for the chemicals (which can also stain clothing), I like the Austrilian Gold Sunscreen, plays well with foundation too.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

I like Sun Bum original SP F 30.  I find that paba irritated my skin, this doesnt.  Also, reef approved I believe.

Trusted Contributor

If you're interested in a tinted sunscreen for your face, I love the MyChelle Tinted Sun Shield Liquid SPF 50.  It looks great on it's own or under foundation and never makes me break out like some suncreens do.  It is an oil-free mineral sunscreen that doesn't have any of the following: 

• Parabens
  • Petroleum
  • Phthalates
  • Silicones
  • Sulfates
  • Ureas
  • Artificial Fragrances
  • Artificial Colors
Honored Contributor

F9B5131A-6929-4644-B039-969E0A6C7117.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@isaboo   Go to Target online.  This is $10.99 and there is a large selection of alba Botanica sunscreens to chose from.

Alba Botanica Facial Sheer Shield Sunscreen SPF 45 2oz. Zoom in on product.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Following this thread, as I'm interested too.

I've only been using Neutrogena Oil Free for the face and regular on the body, different SPF's for both...I think the face one is mineral. But I have to admit, I've yet to make it a daily habit, and I need to! The Neutrogena has mostly been for hot summer days on the go, or the beach. But I'm looking for a good one for daily, and under makeup...tinted is nice too.

I follow "Hot & Flashy" on YouTube, sorry can't recall right now, but she has a Holy Grail sunscreen, mineral and tinted. It's in her most recent video she has posted about current favs.

Esteemed Contributor

The last two summers I was using Andrew Lessman's Sole' sunscreen.  I need another tube now that the other one  has expired.  Seems like it's not available at this time but I am hoping it comes back to the Q or HSN soon.  No harmful chemicals and it worked well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I not sure what the OP means by " safe" sunscreen. I didn't know they were risky...

BUT I want to put a RAVE out about a new sunscreen I tried that I am loving and it's a drugstore product!  
It's Cerave Hydrating mineral sunscreen, SPF 30 (physical coverage, zinc oxide) . It goes on like a CC, but light, sheer, not pasty or thick, and not greasy, it absorbs well- I am using it as a primer. Bought 2 already. Love it!  HTH!