Respected Contributor

It is $50 for 8 oz shampoo , i know that is crazy , but  just thought i would ask.

Respected Contributor

Yes I tried it. I have the mini size Gold Lust restore and repair shampoo. Not impressed, and I do not like the scent.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Yes I tried it. I have the mini size Gold Lust restore and repair shampoo. Not impressed, and I do not like the scent.

Me either.  @MW in Iowa Save your money.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any one use Oribe ?

[ Edited ]

IT IS A GREAT PRODUCT IF IT IS IN YOUR BUDGET.  IT IS ACTUALLY SOLD AT MY SALON TOO.  I LOVE IT, BUT REALIZE IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.

Honored Contributor

I am currently using an Oribe finishing cream, but not sure how I feel about it.  I agree about the fragrance being a bit strong.  It has no hold and does NOTHING for frizz, but right now I'm having a great hair day with it although that could also be that I colored Thursday night.  I like that it actually feels like hair and isn't trying to do the dreaded triangle thing curlies experience.  This morning all I had to do before going out for lunch was to spritz the ends with some water and scrunch in a little Ouidad Botanical Boost that I spritz into my hands.  I used a little hairspray just on the top to keep things from falling in my face, something I just can't abide.

I may hold on to it for the drier winter months.  No use wasting it with the forecast humidity next week.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Any one use Oribe ?

[ Edited ]

Thanks ,  i love the packaging , but of course that is not a good reason to spend $50 .

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried a few items in the Gold Lust line. Shampoo and conditioner, love the scent but agree they are nothing special.

Gold Lust dry shampoo has the same fragrance, cleans okay. Wished it worked as well as Batiste.  I no longer see the styling mousse on Nordie's site. Mousse was nice on my fine hair. Didn't repurchase due to price.

Apres Beach for beachy waves was just okay but many DS products work as well or better.

Trusted Contributor

I've used several items from the line and find them ok. I do like the scent. I also have been wearing their perfume which I love for the summer.

Kevin Murphy's Angel Wash is divine if you want to try a higher end product that delivers.

Trusted Contributor

As someone with fine hair, I love Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray and Superfine Hairspray.  I usually purchase the Thickening Spray from TJ Maxx/Marshalls if I find it there.  It gives a good amount of volume without ever being sticky.  It's my favorite spray volumizer and I've tried tons. 

I don't use hairspray often, but when I do, it's always the Oribe Superfine.  It's the only hairspray I've ever found that I like.  It gives hold without being stiff and it never clogs which is great since I don't use it regularly.

Valued Contributor

I find some bargains on Zulily and GILT.  I use several in the line and love them