Super Contributor

Re: Any one that has used a lot of salon shampoos or is/was a salon employee?

wow irshgrl that was insightful great info! thanks.

you always think that salon brands are better but you have just told me otherwise!

thanks

Respected Contributor

Hello, kcladyz. Smile

Hmm.....that's a tough one. Finding a shampoo and conditioner that does all of that at the same time. I think Nick Chavez' products are considered a salon brand (he owns a salon, works in a salon, makes hair products for his salon and other stores...so, I guess that counts, lol). So I'll try to recommend as few products as possible that can work together.

Nick Chavez Advanced Plump 'N Thick Shampoo and Conditioner (for plumping up the hair)

Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Serum (for moisture, anti-frizz and repairing)

Not to boss you around, but you might want to take advantage of QVC's Easy Pay Day. It's only good for today.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried any of the Carol's Daughter yet? I just purchased (from her website) a travel size of the Cupuacu (which I love!) for travel later this month, and also the regular size of S&C.

The Cupuacu does a great job for no frizz, body, moisture, manageability...I can't wish for anything better for my normal hair.

I also have the Monoi, which is supposed to be for strengthening, but since Cupuacu, I haven't been using it. Like this also!

Valued Contributor

Redken Color Extend.... Alterna Bamboo Volume... Alterna Caviar Volume...LeJourno... and my new all time favorite Suzanne Somers Shampoo and Conditioner!!! Talk about a shampoo snob and that is just to name a few

No thought is worth thinking.....
Valued Contributor

L"Oreal came out with a line that touts all of the above not long ago, they sent me samples. It was a three packet system with a claim to give you 2x more hair! Havent used it yet , but it is called Volume Filler from their advanced haircare line. For condition my go-to for a life time as been Redkens Extreme , it has the make up that you need to rebuild hair.

ps...it probably really works well, but I tend to stay away from things that require chemical additives, and normally if something works it has a ton of them.I will use this for a special occasion.