Respected Contributor

Any one that has used a lot of salon shampoos or is/was a salon employee?

I want to ask to those ladies that has tried a lot of salon brands ( not wen) if you know of a shampoo/conditioner that thickens(plumps) hair as well as smoothing, anti-friz, strengthening ( thus promoting hair growth) moisturizing and repairing? Seems like shampoos focus on one item, i want the whole package in 1 product lol. I am going to ulta/beautybrands in a week or 2

yes i know I need shampoo like i need a hole in the head. lol

Valued Contributor

Re: Any one that has used a lot of salon shampoos or is/was a salon employee?

I like Soma weightless shampoo and conditioner .
Respected Contributor

I thought you had just about every brand of shampoo and conditioner in your home. Perhaps alternate brands when you wash your hair to get the benefits from each brand.

Hold off on the shampoo and conditioners. Stay out of Ulta. Call your insurance company and get rental car insurance!

Honored Contributor

It sounds as though you need a treatment since you mention you need 'smoothing, anti-frizz, moisturizing, and repairing.

But, if you have tried everything under the sun already, perhaps it's a good salon haircut.

Seems like with all these issues you've mentioned, cutting away the 'damage' is a good start.

If your hair is long and you dread the thought of losing some major length, it's got to be hard to try and 'keep it going' day to day. It'll grow back!

Also, a good haircut will 'plumpen up' your hair.

Respected Contributor

i already cut my hair. those are just the aspects i like in hair care products

Respected Contributor

And by the way, why do you start a thread about trying to find a shampoo and conditioner that does everything when you already stated on another post that you found such a shampoo/condition. I believe it was a Pantene Brand.

Respected Contributor

That's a lot for one shampoo to do. I don't think such a thing exists.

Esteemed Contributor

I worked as a hair colorist for year. Shampoos that specialize with calming frizziness usually have ingredients in them that are in direct contradiction to giving you volume.

BTW, I have tried about every line of shampoo out there on the market from working in different salons and getting many brands for free and I buy my shampoo at the drugstore. I don't see enough of a difference to justify the cost and I could still get my salon shampoos for 1/2 the price that the public gets it. They have the same ingredients in them. I know stylist like to push these products because they make commission on them but in reality a decently formulated drugstore shampoo/conditioner is just as good if not better than salon shampoos/conditioners.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I will spend money on salon protein treatments and I do like Joico Kpak the best. I have tried Sallys Beauty Supply version of it and I found it does just as good of a job at a fraction of the price. The color, texture and smell is exactly the same and so are the ingredients so now I purchase that if they have it. It lasts me quite a long time because I use it only once a month or so.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 kcladyz said:

Well I am a shampoo diva and I can tell you what will give you volume and softness

Pantene full ad strong. It is a new line and it is fab!! thickens your hair and makes it soft as well. I love it!!