Respected Contributor

Any one still not pay tax at Evine ?

I just noticed i now am taxed , it makes me think twice on purchaces , the isomers tsv wil bel $9.31 , i don't blame Evine , but i know it is the new law.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Any one still not pay tax at Evine ?

I haven't bought anything from them in a while, but I was never taxed by Ervine, nor JTV.  I am in California.  Has anything changed?

Respected Contributor

I had never paid tax before , so i believe mine must have started Jan 1 st. I live Iowa hence my user name.

Honored Contributor

Blame your state,  it's not Evine.  

Respected Contributor

@lovemyparrot wrote:

I haven't bought anything from them in a while, but I was never taxed by Ervine, nor JTV.  I am in California.  Has anything changed?

@lovemyparrotI don't know about JTV, but Evine started charging sales tax in CA on 6/1/18.  I think they opened a studio here.

Regular Contributor

A major court decision last summer makes ALL significant sized businesses collect sales tax in all states they have sales.  No longer necessary for a business to have a physical presence in a state.

Honored Contributor

@CHEX  is correct.  It was as a Supreme Court decision.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just don't understand those who complain about paying legitimate taxes to their state for the services they provide.  If you go to a B & M store you pay taxes.  It's about time all purchases of items your state taxes are required to be taken out when purchasing anywhere.  You would have been obligated to pay those taxes on anything you purchased that was taxable and did not pay tax at the time of purchase anyway!

Valued Contributor

The guy who does my taxes has always asked me for the dollar amounts of items I've purchased online and not paid taxes on. I live in NC.  It is kind of a pain to keep track of. 

I purchase online since I live so far out in the country....one local dept store, TJ Max, Ross, Walmart and not much else  - and often I have problems finding my size. 

Honored Contributor

No tax was charged up to June 2018. I had no purchases in July. Aug 2018 purchases & beyond have tax on them.

The law stinks. I don't know about anyone else but we are sick of being taxed to death.

All I buy from Evine is Isomers. My Subscription Matrixyl-4 serum & cream shipped with over $11.00 tax added to it.

We have to pay tax on groceries, clothes you name it everything. Plus it's over 9%.