Respected Contributor

Re: Any one ever used this product ?

@Kachina624 wrote:

After several bad experiences with Doll cosmetics and trying to contact the unresponsive company, I no longer use any of their products.

If I seriously wanted to cover something, I'd use Dermablend, sold by JC Penney.  It was developed for medical use, will cover anything, including large port wine stains,  and lasts until it's removed

@Kachina624   Thank you for this info.  As I have aged, I have a dime sized brown "age spot" at my temple.  I know it's noticable and even though I am older and it shouldn't matter to me, it does.  I'll have to try your recomendation.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

After several bad experiences with Doll cosmetics and trying to contact the unresponsive company, I no longer use any of their products.

If I seriously wanted to cover something, I'd use Dermablend, sold by JC Penney.  It was developed for medical use, will cover anything, including large port wine stains,  and lasts until it's removed

@Kachina624 

Dermablend is the standard!Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

@Kachina624

As far as I can tell L'Oreal Makeup Infallible Full Wear Matte Waterproof Concealer in the tube is exactly the same thing as Dermablend in the tube and half the price.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama  - This is a cheaper route and according to @Sooner , it's the same thing as Dermablend.  Try this one.

L'Oréal Infallible Full Wear Waterproof Concealer #1

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn  I don't want to upset you, but, I learned real fast how things go with a near death person. If nothing can be done like in my husbands case, the hospital will come to you while your in the waiting room and tell you the facts. I was alone at 1 a.m. in the morning and was told nothing could be done. I told them to let him go.

by the time I got home hospital called and wanted to know what to do with the body I told them where to send it. He was cremated. When I went to talk to funeral home about the obit write up. I was handed a bag of his clothes that he entered the hospital in. I paid the funeral home. Had to wait for death certificates signed by Dr. and you want to make sure you get plenty you will need them. I got 15 and one left.

Within a few days , next day, you will get calls from people wanting to know if they can have , shall we say, "pieces" that can be used 'donated' of the body has to be viable only a short period of time that they can be harvested. I would not allow his body to be cut up that was just too morbid.

Ok, then, you will get calls within a few days from people that want to know if your going to sell your house ? Then, letters from people that I guess somehow know you have a nice home and alone and why don't you sell to them. Not joking. this happens. Husband isn't gone day or so and you have people wanting you to sell your house, donate organs, etc.   I took myself to the Dr and told her what was going on and she put me on Valium and sent me a sympathy card. Calls have to be made to family members. Now, that was fun.

You get the picture. I'm not the first and won't be the last, but, I sure was never told what vultures would be coming out of the woodwork.

Nobody prepared me, but, maybe I can help others.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   Thank you!  I've definitely been watching my pennies, so, cheaper would be nice. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Been here for 12 yrs. all my business dealings is down here. Have to sell house, find new house , patio home, etc up in Ind. all I have up there is 2 sisters, one is ok, other one devil can have, have to fly up there and find new digs.

Have to contact SS, change dr.'s and dentist, call the moving van, transfer truck and van, pay that bill. transfer money to new bank, get new drivers license, transfer my holdings to another branch of a company who is holding my assets.

I've made friends and my Baptist preacher is my executor. Nobody up there would have the sense to take care of anything. LOL Parents died long time ago. Dad was no good, mother died at 28. Raised by an Aunt who I'm not particularily fond of. My family wasn't the Waltons.

Reckon I'll stick it out. Couldn't stand the In-laws either. I wasn't good enough for their son.  I feel safer down here. In laws dead too. I dropped kicked husbands sisters when he died. I'm free as a bird down here.

Good luck !

@SharkE I imagine more than you would think would be in a similar situation to yours. People always say "family" but some of us don't have that at this stage of life. Some didn't have much to begin with--no siblings.  

I admire your spirit and outlook, and you are blessed to have people around you now.  Hugs and prayers! 

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE , I'm so sorry to hear about your husband and all you went through.  Thanks so much for sharing all that information with us.

I can easily see why you choose to stay where you are...makes total sense.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

<  Delected by User >

Honored Contributor

nope, it was good to get off chest.

just be prepared if it ever comes your way. You won't be caught with your pants down like I was.