Respected Contributor
What products do you use and how have they helped your skin?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any loyal Kiehl's users?

I liked Kiehl's well enough back in the days when the company swore it would make no claims about "results."  The brand was simple and rather inexpensive then with basic cleansers and moisturizers for face and body, and some haircare.  They now make the same useless promises-- and sell at the same high prices -- as other prestige cosmetic companies, and their products aren't anything spectacular.  

Valued Contributor

Love Kiehl's body butter. It's really the best

Respected Contributor

I used to use it,a very long time ago. When I was in college!  However, I think the company got left behind in the new technologies of skin care. I think it is highly over-rated.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Just throwing this out there, @Rachb.  I don't know if you are someone who only wants to use cruelty free brands or not.  In case you are, Kiehl's is owned by L'oreal, which is NOT cruelty free.

Respected Contributor

I'm not concerned with cruelty free. I don't want to get attacked....I love animals. But if a product works for me, it works for me.
Valued Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I liked Kiehl's well enough back in the days when the company swore it would make no claims about "results."  The brand was simple and rather inexpensive then with basic cleansers and moisturizers for face and body, and some haircare.  They now make the same useless promises-- and sell at the same high prices -- as other prestige cosmetic companies, and their products aren't anything spectacular.  

@Trix, I totally agree with your assessment ... could have written your post myself!  The only product I still use from Kiehl's and always will is their No. 1 lip balm.  Nothing else like it on this planet to keep my dry lips moist and happy. Have been using that product for somethig like 35 years?! 

Respected Contributor

Well, I've been dealing with really dry flaky skin that not even Paula's Choice's heaviest moisturizers and oil booster have tamed. I picked up Kiehl's Refining Micro Peel and Ultra Facial Moisturizing BALM on my lunch hour. Will try tonight. Here's hoping.....
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rachb wrote:
Well, I've been dealing with really dry flaky skin that not even Paula's Choice's heaviest moisturizers and oil booster have tamed. I picked up Kiehl's Refining Micro Peel and Ultra Facial Moisturizing BALM on my lunch hour. Will try tonight. Here's hoping.....

@Rachb -- If the Kiehl's products don't work out for you ... in case it helps, I finally found the cure for my uber dry, flaky skin in Epionce Intensive Nourishing Cream.  I use it daily.  And, for really seriously dry skin issues, Epionce Medical Barrier Cream is amazing.  My dermatologist doesn't sell any products in her practice, but she was the one who first recommended Epionce products to me.  She sure was right! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Rachb wrote:

Have you tried any of the sleeping creams on the market?  So far, my experience has been this type of product is amazing when my skin is misbehaving.  I've tried a few, but the two I would repeat buy are: Vichy Labs Idealia Skin Sleep and The Body Shop's Oils of Life. They have different textures.  Vichey's is rather light and more gel like; the Body Shop's is very rich and creamy.