Honored Contributor

Re: Any love for the Isomers Matrixyl 4 set TTV........

[ Edited ]

@rochelleSI like the ingredients on the Glut Booster Vials. Looks like a nice mix of antioxidants, skin brighten/lighteners, and antiglycation. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) and Carnosine are great ingredients. If I had bad glycation marks on my skin, I would try it. For now, the regular Glutathiosome serum is working well for me.

The new Glutathiosome eye product doesn't thrill me. Those top three botanical-sounding ingredients in the start of the list are all algae. The first one, Nannochloropsis Oculata Extract, combined with pullulan, comprises the ingredient "Skin Tight." That's a film former to physically lift the skin. Depends on whether that is what you are looking for.

I much prefer the Mesmereyes as far as eye serums go. The actives in that one all make sense to me.

Isomers' Glutathiosome formulas are in my opinion better than the Perricone one you listed. The active concentrations are better, and what you get for your money is much higher quality

Since you mentioned peptides, there are significantly more peptides in the Glutathiosome Boosters than in the Perricone. Plus no fragrance in Isomers. Lots of fragrance in Perricone--to me, excessive amounts.

ETA: If you are getting great results with your Perricone eye formula, then that's what matters. Heart

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@sonechko  Thanks a lot - I did look at this duo and thought this was the one you talked about earlier. I also read all theis does for eyes. My main 'eye' concern are the dark lines under my eyes, not really circles but more lines angled down from inner corners, left worse than right. So I'm waiting for the isomers dark circle serum, it's on the way.

And I did buy the super sized USSS on Friday so I'm good there. I will check out the glut and read about that product.

Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

Sometime I might try the Matrixyl 4 but I haven't been enamoured of the Isomers creams I've tried so far (or just like others better) and was only interested in the serum, which I could cocktail with others.  Maybe there will be a good price on just that down the road.

Can anyone compare these products to Skinn's Pep40?  I'm wondering who has tried both?

So I still have a 4oz DC in my stash that I never used (I could never use up that huge size they are offering now!) and it's clearly past the 3 year shelf life (looks like it is from August 2014).  Any chance that it is still worth using??  Of course I could open it and find out but I have a lot of creams (another reason why I don't need the Matrixyl) and I could easily toss this one.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

Sometime I might try the Matrixyl 4 but I haven't been enamoured of the Isomers creams I've tried so far (or just like others better) and was only interested in the serum, which I could cocktail with others.  Maybe there will be a good price on just that down the road.

Can anyone compare these products to Skinn's Pep40?  I'm wondering who has tried both?

So I still have a 4oz DC in my stash that I never used (I could never use up that huge size they are offering now!) and it's clearly past the 3 year shelf life (looks like it is from August 2014).  Any chance that it is still worth using??  Of course I could open it and find out but I have a lot of creams (another reason why I don't need the Matrixyl) and I could easily toss this one.

I've used both. I like the Isomers Oligopeptide cream better. It's creamier and feels less waxy to me.

(I haven't been satisfied with a moisturizing cream as a standalone since the old Skinn Collagenesis 24 hour youth cream went away. That one was rich with oils and other great skin conditioners. The reformulated one is all springy and light and less conditioning. So I had to come up with my own.)

Combining the Isomers Oligopeptide Matrixyl cream with a tiny dot of the Isomers ceramide serum with one pump of the Skinn Pep40 Serum gives me my ideal cream. It's lovely. It protects and conditions my skin and contains biomimetic and oil soluble actives that couldn't be included in my water-based serums.

The Skinn Pep40 Serum blends beautifully with moisturizing cream because it is not a typical water gel type serum. It's really more like a lotion. So it blends well with other moisturizers in a cocktail.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

I have both products, @sueinsf - Skinn Pep40 and Matrixyl Oligopeptide Cream.

For me, there is no comparison - Isomers Matrixyl O. face cream is a winner hands down! I am making this cream and Deep Crease Correction to be my absolute staples for this upcoming year.

I still have Skinn Pep40 cream, on Subscription for a super size, and probably will repurchase it again, to change up a routine a little, when the weather get colder.

But I am an Isomers woman, and my skin does not need those super rich and heavy, full of oils creams any longer! By using Isomers creams and cleansers predominantly, my skin  NORMALISED and never is too dry, nor too oily. It really now needs only very little moisturizer and it does not need to be heavy.

I personally tried, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE, this combo @Porcelain suggested. I read it before and used it, since I have all of the ingredients. Highly recommend this mix! Here, I quote @Porcelain again:

"Oligopeptide Matrixyl cream with a tiny dot of the Isomers ceramide serum with one pump of the Skinn Pep40 Serum gives me my ideal cream. It's lovely. It protects and conditions my skin and contains biomimetic and oil soluble actives that couldn't be included in my water-based serums."

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Porcelain and @sonechko.  I may have to reconsider and give both the serum and cream a try!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

p.s. In my never-so-humble opinion, the Isomers Matrixyl Olegopeptide Face Cream is a crown jewel of all creams. But that's just me.

As to the Matrixyl 4 serum going on sale sometimes soon, well anything may happen, but the deal is - Isomers receive only very limited amount of original Matrixyl from Sederma Co. - 300 kilos with wich they formulate ALL THEIR products. And only because they "grandfathered" the privellege to buy Matrixyl from Sederma being one of their first customers.

So we may understand, the Matrixyl is too special and very precious commodity to be poured into half liter or other large bottles and sell it to public for cheap.

Your 2014 Deep Crease Cream is probably too old, but e-mail Isomers to make sure, if it still okay to use. @sueinsf

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf, I am on Subscription for Matrixyl 4 duo, but it's limited to 5 more shipments only, so I bought another duo from the show yesterday not to run out of it anytime soon.

The next time Isomers will buy original Matrixyl from Sederma is MARCH of 2019 - 300 kilos a year. It's not all that much!

So, here is some inside on Matrixyl availability and price expectations for us as buyers of these products.

Respected Contributor

@sonechko I did hear about the limited availability and the grandfathered deal on the Matrixyl.  I do see the duo is sold out and I just may have to wait until next year to give it a try, unless I see it pop back in stock this weekend and decide to go for it (not that I was really looking to spend another $120 on product today...).  Thanks for all of your good info!

Valued Contributor

I really noticed a difference with the new matrixyl 4 serum, within 3 weeks or so my beginning nasolabial folds and baby marionette lines were almost not noticeable. I bought it when it first came out in late ‘17 and squirreled it away, but started using it 2x a day In early July. Now I’m kicking myself for not getting it on subscription when it was a TTV, but I was able to pick up one set as a single delivery this weekend.