Occasional Contributor

Any beauties that enjoy Drew Barrymore's FLOWER line or would like to try...

While in Walmart yesterday I dared to venture into the "Christmas" clearance aisle and was pleasantly surprised to find a ton of FLOWER boxed gifts all at 75% off. Stuff like sets of 3 nail polishes, mini chubby lip or eye pencils for 2.49. The larger "kits"were eye shadow palettes with mascara and brush, set of brushes with roll, and all 3 of her fragrances some with a lippie and nail polish for 4.99. Nice way to try the line or pick up some new goodies.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Any beauties that enjoy Drew Barrymore's FLOWER line or would like to try...

I wish my Walmart carried this line. I've read many great reviews on beauty blogs, but haven't had a chance to try any of it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any beauties that enjoy Drew Barrymore's FLOWER line or would like to try...

I tried a few items when the line first came out. It wasn't easy to find. I tried a cream blush, eye shadow pencil, lip pencil, and mascara. I didn't think too much of the line. The mascara was kind of unique as you could position the brush three ways. I haven't bought anything since.
Super Contributor

Thanks for the head's upSmiley Happy. I have to go to Wal-Mart tomorrow, and I will take a look and see if they have any of the Flower items on sale. I have used the eye pencils, lipsticks and mascara.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting us know. I will be sure to check for them next time I go to WM.

Occasional Contributor

I specifically went to Wal Mart last month to purchase Flower cosmetics. I loved the mascara in the goldish tube. It has a brush that you can twist. I like the way my lashes look when I leave the brush straight. I wore it for several hours last night & it didn't flake or smudge. I usually only wear it for a couple of hours at a time. I find it easy to remove with soap & water!

I bought some loose powder in the lightest shade, but it went on orange. The clerk gave me the hardest time when I returned it, I had my receipt too. She made the biggest mess trying to prove to me it went on her skin just fine.

I like the tinted moisturizer. I find that I can't wear any powder over it. It turns orange. I tried 2 different concealers, the wand & brush ones. I like them both. The coverage was good. However, when I tried to seal them with powder they turned orange, too. Weird!

If I'm going out to run errands, I don't mind using the tinted moisturize & concealer by themselves. It looks natural. When I went out last night, I just used my Physicians Formula mineral loose powder (discontinued now). Once I use up all the products, the only one I can see myself purchasing again is the mascara.

Contributor

I actually love many things in her line...The week of Christmas I happened to bump in to an end display full of her boxed holiday sets...I bought the one that had the eye shadow palette, brush and mascara...I truly am loving it...I have used her eye quads before, but this one has 8 shades...very silky and lovely gray shades, which for me are harder to find...The mascara was really nice too...

I have previously tried her nail polishes, lipstick and glosses too...really really nice...

Honored Contributor

I noticed in my Walmart yesterday, the Flower items were mixed in with the Xmas clearance.

Esteemed Contributor

The Flower line of makeup has only been in Walmart Canada for about a month or so and by the time I visited Walmart in early December the line had been picked over of some of the more neutral colors. The items look OK for the most part but I did notice that there's carmine in some of the blushes and lipsticks. There weren't any testers so I can't comment about the quality of some of the items. The lipstick looked fine to me as I bought one.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with innerwealth! I will say I haven't tried everything in the line--mostly chubby lippies and nail polish, both of which i like., (she has 3 fragrances-- who knew? I'm obviously behind the times), but the lippie chubby sticks are very nice as well as the nail polishes. I use them daily. I am excited to try the eye shadow palettes and mascara. Decent nail polishes and chubby lip crayons for about one dollar are hard to find-and the colors are totally wearable. -the most I was out for trying the largest palettes was less than 5 dollars .with a mascara and a brush. I haven't used the brushes yet, but 3 with a roll case was worth a try. I think for an inexpensive. makeup brand it's pretty darn good, and if you are not pleased with the brand you can return it. But they were selling like hotcakes Smiley Happy Remember the boxed gift are in the Christmas clearance aisle, not the regular makeup section. Happy Shopping!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}