Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any Women of Color WEN Users Out There?

On 1/9/2014 Mirage08 said:

I like the Remoist but lately I have been using the Fig CC, whatever seasonal I have on hand and oil (I still have his original ones) overnight and I'm good. If this remoist comes in a kit then I'll use it but I won't purchase on its own. I LOVE the original oils that were $20. I have a nice stash of Tea Tree. I'm on my last bottle of it and now I'm like uhhhhh. Hoping he has a TSV set that includes the oils. I also love the styling creme and the replenishing treatment mist. My go to CCs are Tea Tree, Fig and the seasonals. Think I may finally the plunge this year and get a gallon in Tea Tree. I can't be without it.

I am definitely going to pick a gallon in Tea Tree as soon as the Insider makes them available this year. It's my holy grail product. (smile)

Esteemed Contributor

Ice, how do you use TT?

I received it last week and I am using it as a first cleanse so far.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/25/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Ice, how do you use TT?

I received it last week and I am using it as a first cleanse so far.

I mix it a lot. I prefer to use it as a first cleanse (not always, especially when I am running low on this CC) because I have a dry scalp and this product really helps. I have oiled my hair tonight, but tomorrow I will use Fig & 613. It just seems to keep my hair/scalp healthy and balanced if that makes any sense.

I want the gallon, because then I will have enough to always use it as my first cleanse and be able to mix it with Fig, 613, and the seasonals.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Ice.

I love TT for the exact same reason, how it makes my scalp feel. The other CCs made my scalp slightly irritated.

How does TT compare to Fig for moisture? I want to do an all TT regimen one day, but not if I don't get the same moisture as Fig. My curls are very thirsty.

Occasional Contributor

Hi all!! I don't post much but lurk & get fabulous tips from everybody!! HonnyBrown, for me, TT is the least moisturizing for my hair-I only use it for my first cleanse & use Pom for my second cleanse & either Pom or Wen Kids Apple as a leave in.

Icezeus, I'm like you! I'm waiting for the TT gallon too because that is my staple for my first cleanse!!

I did also want to add that I used Wen eight years ago & wasn't happy with my results & then I learned that I was doing it all wrong & never did a second cleanse!! Makes such a difference in my hair!!

Esteemed Contributor

HonnyBrown: Fig is more moisturizing.

Chocollette: The gallon will just be so much easier to deal with, not always having to check stock, and plan out deliveries etc. The one time delivery will easily last me for a full year.

Occasional Contributor

Icezeus, you are so right about the gallon being easier to deal with AND it is just so much more cost effective to buy it!!

Esteemed Contributor

When you buy gallons, do you keep the original container in the shower or do you pump it into a smaller bottle?

Do you have any problem with the mixture settling or separating?

Occasional Contributor

HonnyBrown, this will be my first time purchasing the gallon size but due to bathtub space, I'm going to transfer it to my 16 ounce bottle.

Super Contributor

I use a combination of tea tree and sweet almond mint for cleasing and moisturizing after I shampoo. And I use the combination to twist or set my hair. It doesn't flake or anything. Wen is the reason I stopped using heat on my hair too. I love the feel of my natural hair.