Regular Contributor

Any Shea Terra Organics Fans? Recommendations?

I just received an email with a 30% code that expires on 3/21. Does anyone here have any recommendations for products? I'm not looking for anything specific, just taking advantage of the sale and interested in trying a few new products. I'm mainly interested in cleansers, moisturizers, and masks. I have been using Paula's Choice and Josie Maran.

I have dry skin, some hyperpigmentation (although almost completely gone thanks to PC). I love my argan milk and oil, but wouldn't mind a good dupe.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Shea Terra Organics Fans? Recommendations?

I love their rose hip seed oil, marula oil (I like it better than argan oil), Shea nilotika (sp?) and used to use their body washes but they don't have the Orange blossom anymore so I haven't tried the others. These are the things I've repeatedly bought over the years. I love how their company supports women and conservation projects too and, of course, cruelty free. Sometimes you can get a better deal buying it from Amazon though.

ETA: they do carry argan oil too- better priced than Josie's and I actually prefer Shea terra's to Josie as it is less refined (i.e. contains more of the potent ingredients).

Esteemed Contributor

I like Shea Terra's Argan Rose (rosehip & argan oil blend). I also like their Rosehip Replenishing Cream. I think their Kigelia & Licorice cream is quite effective as a natural treatment for hyperpigmentation. I've used other Shea Terra oils (I had a sample set), and I can truly say that none of them were a disappointment. The previously mentioned items are just the ones which are very effective for my complexion (concerns: oily, acne, hyperpigmentation, mature-over 60).

Honored Contributor

Serena, just an FYI: Unless things have changed, STO has a monthly 30 percent off promo.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I love all the Shea Terra products I have tried. I'm older with dry skin and alternate Rose Hips Replenishing Cream and Argan and Dattier Du Desert ultra moisturizing cream over Marula Oil during the day and Rose Hips Carrot oil at night. I thought layering the cream over the oil would be a greasy mess even with my dry skin but the cream actually seals in the moisture and mattifies the oil a bit. Doing this has really helped me to have that plump, dewy look I prefer.

Shea Terra does have the 30% coupon each month which makes very high quality products extremely affordable and they last a long time. I also love that this company enables women in third world countries to have some economic independence to help better their lives.

Super Contributor

I definitely love the Nilotica Shea Butter. which is a soft shea butter. I would definitely buy that again for myself and for others. There was a body scrub I liked a lot but it's been discontinued. Her scents seem like the real thing (not synthetic but essential oils), and I suspect that because I recently developed asthma and have become allergic to most fragrance oils, and so far hers are fine. I haven't tried all of her products so I can't say that for everything just in general. Some of the product scents I bought were lavender, camomile, vanilla, orange mint, lemongrass and date nut.

It's hard to decide what to buy from there, isn't it!? I end up not buying as there are too many items I want to try! I meant to buy last Christmas as gifts but it slipped my mind, but I likely will this year as they went over well a few years ago. I love to hear feedback from others as it helps a lot with reducing my list. Good luck and let us know how you like your items!

Super Contributor

I love their Marula oil. It absorbs easily and gives my skin a moisture boost. I use it in the AM before sunscreen. A little goes a long way. I only use one pump.

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for responding. I didn't realize they had a sale every month- that's good to know. I will definitely check Amazon first for price comparisons. I think I'm going to start with the marula oil, the Shea butter, and one of the facial cleansers. There are so many products that look interesting. This seems like a line that I could get hooked on.
Regular Contributor

I tried the Marula Oil from Shea Terra Organics and for some reason it did not absorb well at all. Felt very heavy and just laid on top of my skin. Maybe a bad batch?

I think I will stick with Josie Maran's Argan Oil. That absorbs much better than the Marula oil did.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Regular Contributor

I ordered the marula oil and the marula beauty milk to see how they compare with Josie's products. Also got the shea butter intensive 20% lotion in almond milk, the rose hips deep pore facial wash, argan & rosemary facial cleansing oil, and the argan and acacia honey facial wash. Everything shipped already! Can't wait to try!

Raindrop, in case the marula oil doesn't work work for me, I still have JM argan oil, milk, and argan light (4oz) on A-D.