Honored Contributor

Any Recs on Organic Jojoba Oil?

Thanks in advance. 😊

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Recs on Organic Jojoba Oil?

At OilsCenter dot com you'll find some of the best jojoba oil and also their jojoba butters (Heart!!). Everything ships free and their prices are great. The oil doesn't come with a dropper bottle so you'll have to get one if you need that. Their products are organic but don't bare the USDA certification seal on their products.

Another one, in a pump bottle, is Sky Organics. That one is USDA certified organic. I get it from my Walmart's curbside but you can find it sold elsewhere, Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

At OilsCenter dot com you'll find some of the best jojoba oil and also their jojoba butters (Heart!!). Everything ships free and their prices are great. The oil doesn't come with a dropper bottle so you'll have to get one if you need that. Their products are organic but don't bare the USDA certification seal on their products.

Another one, in a pump bottle, is Sky Organics. That one is USDA certified organic. I get it from my Walmart's curbside but you can find it sold elsewhere, Amazon.

Thanks.  Have you ever heard of a brand called Cliganic?  It's super inexpensive, organic, and hexane free. I saw it on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I've just seen Cliganic but I've never bought any of their products.

Have you ever used jojoba butter? It's not an ordinary butter but it's very soft and easy to spread. Not like (rock hard) shea at all.  Jojoba butter is my go-to barrier product and it saved my skin after I burned it with a glycolic peel. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Have you ever used jojoba butter? It's not an ordinary butter but it's very soft and easy to spread. Not like (rock hard) shea at all.  Jojoba butter is my go-to barrier product and it saved my skin after I burned it with a glycolic peel. 

@SilleeMee   I have not.  I still want to stick with my regular moisturizer, but thought a drop or two of oil would boost it a little and smooth at the same time.  I'm also tossing around the idea of using it alone after using the microdermabrasion wand.  I tried Vaseline and it was nice and soothing, but I wonder about it clogging pores over time with continuous use. I'd appreciate your butter recommendation too.  

Esteemed Contributor

Garden of Wisdom, my go-to for organic oils. They have a golden one and one that is refined, both organic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Something which many people don't know about jojoba oil is that is isn't really an oil at all. It is actually a type of liquid plant wax and it has the ability to mimic our own skin sebum. Jojoba has a lot of phytoceramides in it, too.  Jojoba will not clog pores and it has been known to help reduce breakouts. Jojoba also has antiseptic properties. I use it right after microneedling. The butter is just a solid version of the oil.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Something which many people don't know about jojoba oil is that is isn't really an oil at all. It is actually a type of liquid plant wax and it has the ability to mimic our own skin sebum. Jojoba will not clog pores and it has been known to help reduce breakouts. Jojoba also has antiseptic properties. I use it right after microneedling. The butter is just a solid version of the oil.

Thanks for the info.  I just looked at the butter and oil on OilsCenter.  Whew, they both sound good and ya can't beat the price. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@SilleeMee  - I'm going to order the jojoba butter again.  Last time I ordered from this company, my order was never received - although USPS tracking said it was delivered.  Filled out a missing USPS form and USPS apologized saying it was gone.  This company said they wouldn't replace it.  Thank goodness it was very inexpensive.  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@SilleeMee  - I'm going to order the jojoba butter again.  Last time I ordered from this company, my order was never received - although USPS tracking said it was delivered.  Filled out a missing USPS form and USPS apologized saying it was gone.  This company said they wouldn't replace it.  Thank goodness it was very inexpensive.  

@San Antonio Gal 

Yes, I remember when you mentioned that missing butter. That's not good that the company didn't send you another one! I guess it's their way of avoiding mailing issues. Hope you do get it the second time!