Super Contributor

Any Recommendations for a good leave in conditioner?

I have shoulder length hair. Between blow drying, using hot rollers, curling irons, and straighteners, my hair is looking so dry. Do any of you use a leave in conditioner that you love? Thanks for any recommendations!

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Recommendations for a good leave in conditioner?

-Rusk has a nice spray leave-in conditioner. Check it out at ULTa. Infusium is another one that is wonderful. Every so often, I ma-ssage my scalp with Maracuja oil and then place on my fingers and run through hair. Use a towel on pillow and wash hair in morning. Maracuja oil balances out the scalp as women today wash their hair more often and our scalps can be drier. Your hair feels like silk when you wash & dry in the a.m.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

It's A 10-- Many People love that. I found it at Ulta.

I use either WEN styling cream, Alterna CC cream for hair, or Living Proof PHD on wet, freshly shampooed hair. These are all styling creams. I don't blowdry my hair anymore...I let it dry naturally after puting in styling cream, put it up for the night with a stretchy hairband (used like a scrunchy) bun, and then the next morning use my Jilbere hot rollers for two or three minutes. Honestly, my hair has never been in better condition. I have been doing this for about two years. (My hair is about two inches below shoulders)

Respected Contributor

I haven't used this, but Nick Chavez has a product called Plump 'N Thick Leave-In Thickening Creme Conditioner. It says it also has special thickening agents to help hydrate and expand the cuticle. Hope you find something that works well for you, OP.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

My hair loves Ojon's Revitalizing Mist as a leave-in conditioner. It's one of the products from the original line up of Ojon products and still one of the best in the line. I love the way my hair feels when it's air dried natural when I finish with the Mist, Soft Flocker, and Carol's Daughter Loc Butter.

When I blow dry and heat style I use Nick's Liquid Silk Blow Out Smoothe instead of the Ojon Mist. I still incorporate the Soft Flocker and a hair oil. I should add that I think Nick's Plump 'N Thick Mist is wonderful, and would highly recommend it. For me personally it works, but doesn't condition leave enough conditioner through my kinky curls.

Frequent Contributor

That's a good question, Kcubed. I use Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum for blow drying my semi-curly hair into a straight style. This serum speeds up blow drying time, and provides softness, yet holding power to my hair style, which is past shoulder length.

But I've been looking for a leave-in SPRAY conditioner/styler - that has holding power, for styling hair smooth and straight. Hmm, Nick's spray might do the trick....

Have been wondering what spray conditioner/style smoothers are out there....

Super Contributor

On 8/24/2014 kcubed said:

I have shoulder length hair. Between blow drying, using hot rollers, curling irons, and straighteners, my hair is looking so dry. Do any of you use a leave in conditioner that you love? Thanks for any recommendations!

Maybe instead of a leave-in conditioner you need one of those thermal protection sprays. My stylist uses one.

Super Contributor

On 8/24/2014 kcubed said:

Maybe instead of a leave-in conditioner you need one of those thermal protection sprays. My stylist always uses one on me before she blow dries & flat irons my hair. I don't know the brand, but most of her products are Purology.

Super Contributor

Sorry, gremlins seemed to have taken over the forum.