Honored Contributor

Re: Any Recommendations For A Bronze Eyeliner?

@cuddlesmama

Bobbi Brown makes an eye shadow called Velvet Plum.  It is a bronze  plum.  I have hazel eyes and used this for years as an eyeliner.  It is a soft color, and really brought out the green in my eyes.  I just used a flat liner brush to apply it.

A pot is $20.xx but lasts forever.

I stopped using it only because I converted my M/U to Cruelty Free products.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama

I was very happy with the set of ten Julep (cruelty free) gel eyeliner pencils recently offered on QVC.

I'm not sure they're coming back in that particular set, but you may find them somewhere else.  Julep also has other sets.

I'm loving not only that they are cruelty-free, but they last and have a great assortment of colors, including some bronzy ones and some green and teal selections.

I like to use them as the base line and then soften them with a powder shadow line on top.  

They were A308435 and were about $40.00  I'm glad I took the chance.  Also, I'm retired, so my eyelids are not young!

(I don't use the black.)

Related image

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

LG makes a great bronze color in her kajal eyeliners. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you soo much sor all of  your recommendations!! I never thought I would get so many replies. I have soo many to check out. This is why I post here when I am looking for something you ladies are the best!!!!

Contributor

here is one I tried quite by accident and ended up loving it..I, too, use a bronze liner..68 years old, red hair, pale skin.....Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr...Creamy Chocolate is the color . It's a thick crayon but the tip imparts a nice line on both top and bottom lids and seriously stays on all day until you take it off!!.....it's a lovely brown with bronze overtones. I was surprised!..sometimes the drug store products really are the best.

Trusted Contributor

I use MAC gel eyeliner in a pot which I buy from Nordstrom.  It stays on until you take it off even in the summer heat.  Lasts a long time.  IT Cosmetics also makes a long wearing waterproof eyeliner in a pit which is fabulous stays on until you take it off.  I have yet to find any liquid or pencils that can compare to them.

Respected Contributor

I forgot to mention to you that Laura Geller has her Kajal liners which have excellent staying power and she has one in Bronze. In fact there was a presentation this morning for a 5 piece set with Bronze in it. Not sure if you want to spend the money if you don't need the other colors. These do give a thicker line though but they sure don't budge.

Contributor

I have used Bobbi Brown bronze gel eyeliner in the pot for several years, but, of course, they discontinued it!!!  So I tried severl different types/shades of bronze liner, and the one that I like the best is by Inglot  Cosmetics - #96 bronze.  It's a gel liner in a pot, much like the Bobbi Brown's,   but it's much softer in texture and applies a little wetter. But once it dries, it has great staying power, just like Bobbi Brown's..  Macy's carries it on line, but doesn't have the bronze color.  I purchase mine from Beautylish. The liner costs $17, but lasts a long time.  I've used mine every day for quite awhile, and it's only half gone.  Inglot also has a little bottle of a liquid called Duraline that can be used to moisten the eyeliner if it dries out.  But so far, I've never had to use it on their eyeliner.  It has "dried" out a bit, but is still easy to apply.  I have used the Duraline on my other shades of Bobbi Brown liner as they do tend to dry out, and many consumers have complained about this. It works wonders on the Bobbi Brown liners, and they are all very creamy.  None of the Inglot products have bothered my eyes, I might add, and I do have sensitive eyes.  So I just thought I'd share my experience!

Respected Contributor

I was in Ulta yesterday and found a liner called mushroom in Urban Decay.  I went to a store yesterday and the very nice sales lady was in her 70s with black liner and bright shadow.  I have never worn black but less is definitely better.