Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Mario Badescu users??

Has anyone used the silver powder? If so, how often do you use it and what has it done for you?

Thanks!

Super Contributor

I was a MB follower for years but gave it up about 2 years ago. There was controversy, at that time, about MB ingredients. There were many posts on this board about it.

If you don't want to hear anything negative, then stop reading. But I am posting for those that want the facts:

http://thecleversophisticate.com/2014/08/11/mario-badescu-skincare-ingredient-lists-honest-disclosu...

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/8/2015 namaste000 said:

I was a MB follower for years but gave it up about 2 years ago. There was controversy, at that time, about MB ingredients. There were many posts on this board about it.

If you don't want to hear anything negative, then stop reading. But I am posting for those that want the facts:

http://thecleversophisticate.com/2014/08/11/mario-badescu-skincare-ingredient-lists-honest-disclosu...

Well, Bummer! The glycolic toner is the product I like, wondering about buying anything from now on?? Think I will call MB next week, thanks for the info~ Here is a link that says they DO NOT test on animals! Alot of the companies I've used, like Estee Lauder..DO! I was shocked!

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-product-reviews/animal-testing/

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Oh, I do remember the brouhaha and the horrible reviews. They had been including strong corticosteroids without disclosing (kind of illegal), so when they abruptly dropped it in the reformulation, many users had serious reactions because their skin had been so used to the cortisone.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I really like the MB rose & aloe spray mist.

Esteemed Contributor

I just went to MB's site and they have updated the ingredients of the glycolic acid toner. It has fragrance, colors and parabens..which aren't listed on my bottle. Why do they need colors and fragrance?? They have kits available at Nordies, at a good price. So..if you're interested you can see ALL the ingredients now..The herbal eye cream looked good, ingredient wise and some of the moisturizers that I've used.The calma mask, for sensitve skin looked ok too. I've tried that and my skin liked it, and I do have sensitive skin. Hope this helps any of you that are interested. Just check the ingredients first! It states on their website that they don't test on animals~ Thanks again to the poster that alerted us about the missing ingredients!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/8/2015 vaccinia said:

Has anyone used the silver powder? If so, how often do you use it and what has it done for you?

Thanks!

I saw this on their website! Sounds like they have some really good acne products..wish I'd known about this when my boys had problems!

https://www.mariobadescu.com/silver-powder

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/8/2015 ProductGuy said:

I've been familiar with Mario Badescu for many years and have had a facial at their place in NY. I don't know if they still do it, but if you take their online skin consultation, they send you samples of everything they recommend for you.

If you're looking for something new, there are a huge array of products. I've seen MB products at Ulta, and some have appeared old, so be careful. I always order directly from MB. Have fun shopping!

I've heard about their facials at their NY salon. What products do you like???

-- Mae West
Frequent Contributor

On 3/8/2015 emmysmom said:

I just went to MB's site and they have updated the ingredients of the glycolic acid toner. It has fragrance, colors and parabens..which aren't listed on my bottle. Why do they need colors and fragrance?? They have kits available at Nordies, at a good price. So..if you're interested you can see ALL the ingredients now..The herbal eye cream looked good, ingredient wise and some of the moisturizers that I've used.The calma mask, for sensitve skin looked ok too. I've tried that and my skin liked it, and I do have sensitive skin. Hope this helps any of you that are interested. Just check the ingredients first! It states on their website that they don't test on animals~ Thanks again to the poster that alerted us about the missing ingredients!

Years ago I tried some of their products (cleansers, their pink acne treatment etc.) but frankly have never had good experiences with the products or their company. My biggest concern is the way they seem to play around with ingredients lists. I have their Rosewater spay and I swear every bottle I pick up a has a different ingredients list. Some list artificial colors, some don't, some artificial fragrance, some don't. Plus quite a few of their lists don't adhere to legal requirements for ingredients disclosure. Herbal extracts? Suddenly many of their products are listing not so natural ingredients even though the products look and act identical. Were these ingredients always included but just not disclosed? Just don't trust the brand.

Regular Contributor

On 3/8/2015 emmysmom said:
On 3/8/2015 ProductGuy said:

I've been familiar with Mario Badescu for many years and have had a facial at their place in NY. I don't know if they still do it, but if you take their online skin consultation, they send you samples of everything they recommend for you.

If you're looking for something new, there are a huge array of products. I've seen MB products at Ulta, and some have appeared old, so be careful. I always order directly from MB. Have fun shopping!

I've heard about their facials at their NY salon. What products do you like???

I used to like some of their cleansers (Seaweed, Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Glycolic Foaming,) toners (Seaweed, Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater,) and masks (Azulene Calming, Whitening.) Most of their moisturizers are too heavy for me.

The facial was nothing to write home about, though it's probably one of the most economical facials in Manhattan. I was disappointed that after application of a mask, the esthetician left the room for 10 minutes. Most facials I've had, they massage you while the mask is doing its thing.