Frequent Contributor

Any Lip Product Available To Regain Lip Color Back?

I can't get any lip stain,lipstick,lip gloss or even matte color to stay on my lips.  My pigmentation has disappeared.  Anyone have any suggestion that will help me? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Any Lip Product Available To Regain Lip Color Back?

@Happy Smile  I hear you.  Not only have my lips faded into the rest of my face, they are also sinking into my mouth!  If I didn't add color to my lips, you wouldn't even think I had any.  Here's what I do.  I use Maybelline 24-hour Super Stay color.  It's a liquid stain with a wand, and a stick gloss on the other end.  I apply the color, then use a good lip liner to define my lips before the color completely dries.  I then apply any moisturizing top coat I want.  It can be just the attached stick gloss, a clear lip balm, or another moisturizing lipstick of my choosing.  The color and liner lasts until I wash my face at bedtime.  I will just add a little gloss or something over the top throughout the day because I like my lips to be moist.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

This is one of my issues too! I'm pale and my lips are pale as well. If I don't use lip color, I look unwell.

I've tried lots of stains and there are only two types:

• One type is the color change type, featured in mood lipsticks of old--through today's It Cosmetics color revivers etc. This type stays on okay and doesn't cling to chapped bits too badly...but. It is HOT PINK fuschia in color. Better than nothing, to me, but nowhere near a natural look.

• The other type of stain is the kind Benefit started with BeneTint back in the day. Like the 90s I think. There are three colors for this type of stain. Brown, red, and light purply pink. These stains stick to your lips and look more natural...but. You can only use them on days when the skin on your lips is in perfect condition. Any peeling or unevenness results in more stain clinging to that bit. Makes you look like you were in some sort of horrible accident where you bit through your lip or something.

We are in the 21st century now, ladies. Why oh why, with all the technology available in the world, new polymers all over the place, why can't someone create a lip stain that looks and acts as it should?

Longwearing lipstick of the matte variety, or the paint-on lipcolor where you have to use nonoily gloss and stay away from greasy foods (as @2blonde mentioned), are the only reliable options.

I'm most interested in a more natural, everyday resolution to the issue. I'd really like to wake up in the morning with nice rosy lips and keep them like that all day naturally. I use Skinn cosmetics' Lip 6X serum and it at least leaves the outline to my lips slightly rosier than usual. I'm also very curious about Isomers Stem Genesis Lip Contour Restore. In the reviews, several people mention that it brought back their lip color. But...the stuff is 55 dollars for 1/2 ounce. So I'm still considering that purchase. Both items I mentioned here are available on Evine.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a friend who is the palest person I've ever seen. She has white hair, white skin, white brows, pale lips and light-blue eyes...very ghostly looking. She used to be a swimming coach and couldn't really wear makeup. One day she had her eye liner, brows and lips all tattooed. It looked very natural and she told me it was the best thing she ever did and that she was very happy with the way she looked coming out of the swimming pool.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain. Very fair here, too. I saw a DIY demo on Pintrest using Jello of all things. I always knew it stained a white plastic bowl or my wooden spoon when mixing, so gave it a try: I mixed a tiny bit of strawberry flavor w/ a drop of water & applied it w/ a lip brush & waited for it to dry...a few seconds.

The resulting color was brighter, darker than a lipcolor I'd wear, but in the DIY, the woman put a pale pink lipstick over it & the combo was good. 

It stayed on when the lipstick wore off, definitely not an 8 hr. solution, but better than nothing. 

Regular Contributor

I have also lost pigment on my lips and have tried just about everything out there with little or no success at all. I just had permanent eyeliner tattooed on my upper lips (looks amazing- wish I had done this years ago), and the spa also offer something called 3-D Lip Blush, which is a full lip (not just the outline) tattoo. It leaves a tint, not a full on heavy color. You can choose the shade you want your "natural" lip to look like. I am going to do this later this year as well as some microblading  on the ends of my brows which are too short. I go to a heavily-researched and highly recommended place, and it isn't exactly cheap, but the results are natural. Definitely worth it to me!

Trusted Contributor

LipSense and Lip Ink are two lip products that are very long lasting.  You can purchase online.  I've had permanent make up done also, lips, eyebrows and eyeliner.  I've had to had some touch-ups as they don't last forever like tattoos.  My lips are a very pale pink now.  It hurt like heck even though they were numbed.  Because I moved to the desert, my eyeliner would run so that's why I had it done.  Unfortunately the woman, who used to be a dermatogy nurse, passed away after complications from back surgery and I don't want to go to anyone else.  I still touch up my eyebrows, but my eyeliner has lasted.  Sure saves time putting on makeup.  My mom even had her eyeliner and brows done when she was about 80.  Course she looks fantastic at 98 because she had a facelift at about 65.

Super Contributor

I've been using LipInk for about 12 years now.  Han'vt bought a tube of lipstick since then. I use the lip liner in red and the Glitter cherry with a moisturizer on top.  The look lasts till I eat something greasy.  But I love  the product.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee. I inquired about that tattooing process as well. My advise from the technician was to think about it carefully because: As we age, skin and muscle tissue moves South and we lose volume in our faces. Where she would place a permanent tattoo on brows, liner or lips may not be the same place they'd end up in 5-10 yrs. Not sure the age of your friend, but at 68, not willing to risk it. 

Instead I have my brows colored when I have my hair colored & thankfully my lashes are still dark, but those can be dyed as well. My daughter does that since wearing mascara under her dental hygiene goggles/mask is irritating. She says the dye also plumps lashes like haircolor tends to thicken hair's volume. 

Honored Contributor

@Haircut100. Can you explain microblading on eyebrows?