Honored Contributor

Re: Any GREAT nail treatment out there?

Rosehip seed oil on them once a day. Makes my weak, peeling nails long and strong and pretty looking. I don't even wear clear gloss anymore because they look so nice naturally.

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone! Just now getting a chance to check back in. Thank you ALL FOR THE RECOMMENDATIONS. I am continuing to ready them all. I'll be back! 

Valued Contributor

Sorry for the weird caps-lock. 

Contributor

I have used Nailtiques 2 PLUS (there are two #2 formulas, I use the PLUS) for over 20 years as both my base and top coat.  I can probably count on one hand (pardon the pun) the number of broken nails I have had.  My nails are very healthy.

Trusted Contributor

@glmama  Since you say you already have good nails, I would think twice before using any kind of strengthener or hardener. While great on nails that need the ingredients, they can cause your nails to become too hard/brittle if overused. The suggestions regarding oil are good ones. Personally, I just filled some small bottles with various oils from the kitchen...avocado, olive, grapeseed. I also bought a bottle of fractionated coconut oil (because it is liquid), but you could used the coconut oil you have in the kitchen also. I just grab a random one periodically during the day.

If you do want to wear some type of polish, why not look for a sheer nude that works well with your skin tone? 

Respected Contributor

I agree with you. A plain polish works well. Another tip someone gave here already is rosehip oil. Any good oil rich in omega-3 will strengthen dry nails.

One thing I do is buff my nails with a buffer system. The buffing brings blood to the nailbed, and that makes the nail grow stronger. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

I agree with Reba ~ Nailtiques #2 is the only treatment that worked for me. 

Nailtiques #2 did nothing for my nails, except get very thick in the bottle very quickly!!

@Shelbelle This might be an obvious and stupid question, but how did you use it? Did you apply a coat everyday after your initial application until day 7 then remove and start over?

I have used this I don't know how many times over the years (and years, lol) after removal of acrylic nails and it has always worked quickly to get my nails back in shape. It made them really strong and they never peeled. 

Like everything, I guess it doesn't work for everyone. 

Respected Contributor

I have found that there are a ton of great products out there, my latest favorite is Perfect Formula Pink with a top coat of clear Perfect Formula. HOWEVER, I do not remove it once a week as the directions say to. I discovered that when I was doing that, my nails got worse, far too drying for me to use remover once a week. I use solar or argan oil on my nails in addition to a good hand cream.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

I use Zoya's Naked Manicure System it does a great job on taking care of your  nails and lengthing the manicure time.

Occasional Contributor

Nailtiques Formula 2Plus is what works on my nails.  It will start getting thick after I use about half the bottle but Nailtiques makes a Formula Fix, which is basically like a polish thinner but it's especially made with protein to be used to thin protein formulas.  You don't want to add regular polish thinner to a protein treatment.  So I just add a few drops of that to my bottle and it's good as new.  

But if your nails are normally good and strong with just occasional peeling, I would recommend keeping them oiled.  Sounds like they just need to stay moisturized with a good oil.