Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

Re: Any Clinique users?

[ Edited ]

Really interesting how many mature skin ladies love and use Clinique. I've tried the three step in the little kit that I bought last week. The 2 toner is a little to strong to use twice a day. I need to get the 1 instead. Other then that I like the gentle cleanser and of course the DDML.

Respected Contributor

@mare54 wrote:
I have used Clinique for over 40 years. I’m 65 years and get compliments all the time on how good my skin looks.

@mare54  Which prodcuts do you use or recommend. I am thinking about buying some for my mom who is 70.

Valued Contributor

I'd love to know also.Momoftwo, Someone in their 60's who still uses Clinique and has great skin.What I want to do is use the three step and add a philosophy serum.

Valued Contributor

@momoftwo2007  I use the face soap, #3 astringent and then the moisture surge face cream in the summer. Then in the winter I use super defense face cream. I also use the face scrub...not the 7 day scrub too greasy for my skin. I still have fairly oily skin plus I live in SE Texas and I think the humidity has helped my skin. Good luck. 

Valued Contributor

@Nadine  See my answer to @momoftwo2007   Good luck. I love this product. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you Mare 54!

Respected Contributor

Thank you @mare54 !

@mare54 wrote:

@momoftwo2007  I use the face soap, #3 astringent and then the moisture surge face cream in the summer. Then in the winter I use super defense face cream. I also use the face scrub...not the 7 day scrub too greasy for my skin. I still have fairly oily skin plus I live in SE Texas and I think the humidity has helped my skin. Good luck. 

Super Contributor

there's a really nice gift with purchase over $29 at Macys going on right now.   I bought some Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer and got a 5 piece lippie kit

Esteemed Contributor

@Nadine  My first skincare regimen as a teen was Clinique.  That was back in 1969 when the line debuted.  As skincare advanced and more enticing products came on the market, I moved on, but evey now and then I step back to Clinique.  When I receive Clinique products as a gift I always use them  The only thing I ever exchange is a  Clarifying Lotion higher tha #2. I'm of the opinion that everyone should never go higher than #2.  3 and 4 are just too much alcohol and can cause skin (even the oiliest) to misbehave.  You don't have to use original Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion as your moisturizer with the 3-step program.  You can always opt for one of the alternative forms (Cream, Gel, Hydrating Jelly). Of course if you are buying a boxed set you can't do that.  Also, dplease don't forget your scrub and mask.  I think you will find that your pore concern is minimized a lot by including one or both at least a couple times per week.  I use some type of scrub or exfoliator daily, and a Peter Thomas Roth mask at least twice a week.