Honored Contributor

Any Budge Proof Makeup In The Marketplace

I was wondering if anyone knew of a foundation, blush, and lip product that is non transferable and budge proof? Wearing masks it would be great to wear makeup that won't get all over your mask. A cosmetic company would rake in the dough if they came up with formulas that stay put.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Budge Proof Makeup In The Marketplace

You're right. But is it even possible to put something on the surface of your skin that can't be rubbed off by a cloth? I can't think it would be good for your skin even if it were possible. Maybe this isn't a problem to be solved but a "how it is!"

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  I use Skinn Orchid gel primer and Perricone NoFoundation Foundation and rarely does any rub off but using a makeup setting spray will stop any from rubbing off.  I used to get massages twice a month and the message therapist couldn't get over that none of my makeup never rubbed off.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  The remedy without a doubt is makeup-setting spray as mentioned previously.  You'd really be surprised at how well these products work.  There are many to choose from, all equally good.  

I am currently using Kristofer Buckle's and Tarte's as they are in my rotation.  I formerly only used a setting spray when I had a long event or one that was outdoors during warm weather before COVID but in this era of mask-wearing using the setting spray has been a real lifesaver!

Honored Contributor

Milani makes a top-rated setting spray for under $10.  It's actually a 3-in-1 product. Reviews are all good on most any website where it is sold. 

MILANI 

MAKE IT LAST SETTING SPRAY PRIME + CORRECT + SET

002055048.jpg

Under $10

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I agree. Setting sprays and primers along with lighterweight foundations are the only way to have makeup  last longer. You can mix primer with foundation/tinted mousturizer to save a step. I mix primer w/ my tinted spf which is all I'm wearing now.

If you do wear foundation, you can apply over primer with a sponge sprayed with setting spray...double whammy. Spray again when makeup is finished. IMO, the less you wear or the lighter the layers, the longer wear you'll get. 

FYI: Some setting sprays have alcohol if your skin is very dry.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about the face stuff but Mallys gel liner pencils are really bullet proof-----

Respected Contributor

I was using Bye Bye Under Eye for the longest time.  It made a mess out of my masks.  I just started using DermaBlend foundation and setting powder and it's great.  I like the coverage and look and there is no transfer to my mask.  I live in the Southeast, it's very hot and humid here.

New Contributor

As a pro makeup artist, you have to look at the claims of the product and then you have to apply like a pro.

Look for keywords like "long wearing, velvet, matte, water resistant, etc."

Skin types tend to have longer wear time than others. for example, oily skin won't last as long as dry skin. 

Some products are not meant to be full coverage as some people don't want to wear that much and don't mind reapplying. 

The other thing that is really important is how you prep your skin before makeup. Primers don't do enough. A full skin prep system is really good to help makeup last longer (complexion products specifically)

Hope that helps

Respected Contributor

There are a lot of YouTube videos out there claiming to have methods for preventing your makeup from getting on the maks.  Check them out.  I personally felt they involved too many layers on the face for me to be comfortable with. I use baked foundations for mask days and a setting spray and although it helps, the tip of my nose alwasy loses coverage.  I just touch it up as needed but it's mostly not needed on mask days unless I switch to a Zoom.