Honored Contributor

Re: Antonella making compacts and lipsticks

I saw just a tiny bit of it.  My thought was: Ok.  Why?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I did like the info on altering the lipstick shades.

FYI some of the content they’ve been showing today is on the QVC/hsn Roku channel.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I saw just a tiny bit of it.  My thought was: Ok.  Why?

Some people don't like it when their pressed powder breaks apart for whatever reason.  She likes to collect antique compacts and it's a way to use them.  She combined powder and bronzer in one and powder and blush in another which would be great if you carry those things around with you in your purse. If I could find some empty eye shadow palettes I could combine a bunch of singles into one which would be convenient.  I rarely ever use those because they're out of sight.

I did like the lipstick ones becasue I have so many that just aren't the right color, although I wasn't sure where you would get the white or blue lipsticks she was talking about.  I mostly need to put a little berry in some or negate the orange in some of my browns.  Not sure I would ever actually try that though.  You could also melt them using a double boiler rather than a microwave and you would be less likely to boil it.  

New Contributor

Hello, does she say where she bought the molds and supplies? Thank You 

New Contributor

Did she say where to get the lipstick molds? Thank you 

Super Contributor

Another vote for more of this type of holiday pre-programming! Loved watching Antonella as well as Mary. It was great.

Honored Contributor

@linner wrote:

Did she say where to get the lipstick molds? Thank you 

@linner She just said you could get them "anywhere" but also mentioned Amazon.  You might also try Ebay.

Honored Contributor

Is this the video that was shown on the Q?  This one was posted to FB back in Jan of this year.   She looks good in this video.

https://www.facebook.com/QVC/videos/antonella-nesters-makeup-hack/2094618427248654/

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Is this the video that was shown on the Q?  This one was posted to FB back in Jan of this year.   She looks good in this video.

https://www.facebook.com/QVC/videos/antonella-nesters-makeup-hack/2094618427248654/

Yes that's the one @San Antonio Gal 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @SilleeMee .

The video is fun to watch, but I'm not motivated enough to do everything she did.

The most I've done is pour alcohol directly into a cracked eye shadow or pressed powder.  This fixes the problem and doesn't dry me out like she said alcohol would in the video.