Occasional Visitor

Antonella making compacts and lipsticks

I LOVED watching Antonella making powder compacts and lipsticks!!  I wish QVC would do more of these crafting videos with links at the end for the craft supples!  Much prefer this type of selling!  I wish QVC had a craft channel just for this purpose!  The videos on Christmas day were wonderful!  Thank you!   Heart

Respected Contributor

Re: Antonella making compacts and lipsticks

I just caught the lipstick part of this. Though I can't see myself doing this, it was pretty interesting to watch. Now they've got David demonstrating recipes. I also prefer these videos to flat out sales.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed Antonella's video also. The part about mixing in water with the powder...I do mine with 95% isopropyl and that makes it easier to make the paste. It evaporates over night so there's no worries about getting it on your skin. Using water is too much work.

Honored Contributor

@Wowzah wrote:

I LOVED watching Antonella making powder compacts and lipsticks!!  I wish QVC would do more of these crafting videos with links at the end for the craft supples!  Much prefer this type of selling!  I wish QVC had a craft channel just for this purpose!  The videos on Christmas day were wonderful!  Thank you!   Heart

@Wowzah   The several times I've changed channels, Courtney had interviews in different cities, had nails done by nail artist in Miami, entrepreneurs in Canada...much more interesting than regular Q programs. If stayed like this, I'd tend to watch more. Maybe alternate with an hour of items to purchase, but the non-informercial format? Refreshing.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I enjoyed Antonella's video also. The part about mixing in water with the powder...I do mine with 95% isopropyl and that makes it easier to make the paste. It evaporates over night so there's no worries about getting it on your skin. Using water is too much work.

@SilleeMee   Yes, I've done the same w/ broken eye shadows.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is this possibly the  new brand of QVC & HSN  as a lifestyle channel . I was looking for some possible special Christmas buys and ended up watching Mary &  Antonella t & David & Albert & clips of how they picked new vendors  . Having David & Alberti show how they use the QVC  products  is more interesting than their canned sales technique . Mary had a  pretty good  clip of various wines  with numerous pizza places  . I loved the tips Antonella gave , but am sure the Q wants to sell more makeup items .

Respected Contributor

I caught Antonella making compacts  yesterday ask was changing channels.  I would never go to all that trouble but it was fun and informative.

Loved her hair that way; dark with a few hilights around the face.

Respected Contributor

I loved watching the Antonella video.  She has such patience to do all of that.  I know I wouldn't.  Was this recent?  She looks so animated and pretty - she always is.  But the darker hair made me think this was filmed a while ago!  Just love her!

Honored Contributor

I liked Antonella's look.  I'd forgotten how young she was when she came to QVC.

Honored Contributor

I turned it on for about 2 minutes.  I was trying to figure out what she was doing at first.  Her demo of the pressed powder was bad.  Changed the channel.

kindness is strength