Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  Lately in person and on tv I've seen so many women who've gone from dark to bleach blonde or shades thereof including myself. Two weeks ago scheduled color & cut for me I chose to go blonde.

BIG MISTAKE!!!!

I hate my hair - correction, I hated it blonde. It looked AWFUL, so much so it lasted for 2 weeks. Tuesday this week I saw my girl again, she laughed, didn't care, said she gets it. I'm back to a light more natural brown. So much more happy now with my hair.

DH saw the blonde and surprised me, noticed of course - who wouldn't. He didn't really say much. Came home from work Tuesday eve, still STILL hasn't said anything. DId he notice this time I'm back to brown? Who the heck knows, and no I really don't care either. He never or rarely notices anything to make a passing comment about.

Some women are just not meant to go from dark to light. I admit it, I do enjoy lighter highlights though which I do. AN has been working up to going fullout blonde. She should go back to being dark.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Lucy Liu from Elementary is now a blonde.  Very disconcerting to the image of her buttoned up character.  

@depglass 

I saw an ad for the show yesterday and was shocked.  I've always thought that she is such an attractive lady, but this new color doesn't go with her skin tone at all. 

I didn't even recognize her! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Not sure what the woman is thinking going blonde. It does not suit her. Hopefully she comes to her senses. I cannot watch her with blonde hair. What kind of Italian woman has blonde hair ?

A Northern Italian woman.

Actually not, my Aunt was blonde with green eyes & her Dad, my grandfather was from the Naples region of Italy. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Scrolling thru channels yesterday and there she was.  I could not believe it.  Some women look wonderful as blonde's, some do not. It is my opinion that Antoinella is definitely in the NOT category. Great time a day woman, your hairdresser should have given you better advice. 

Frequent Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Lucy Liu from Elementary is now a blonde.  Very disconcerting to the image of her buttoned up character.  

@depglass 

I saw an ad for the show yesterday and was shocked.  I've always thought that she is such an attractive lady, but this new color doesn't go with her skin tone at all. 

I didn't even recognize her! 

DITTO! Took me awhile to figure out who it was. I don't think it suits her, but it's her hair....maybe she did it for her anniversary? LOL.

Respected Contributor
I don't like the cut or the color.
Trusted Contributor

I happened to see her with Tova this afternoon. She said the other day she fried her hair (probably aware of the comments). So it wasn’t on purpose but wondered when one of those professional hairdressers who come on with their products will help her out.

Well, it’s still blond but a softer color. I thought it looked pretty today and seemed to fit better with her color.

We've seen a lot of ladies of color who go blond and many, many look good.

Respected Contributor

turned tv on last night and went past this and saw her hair for the first time, i dont think it looks good on her at all.

Respected Contributor

I don’t get it. She is so cute and She has tried several shades... yet none have seemed to work to my eye... I’m trying to figure out why?  

Is it that she has a more cool (pink) under tone to her skin? Even though she is always tan and dark, I see a ruddy under tone. Maybe her ‘blonde’ shade needs to have a hint of strawberryor copper?  What makes blonde work well on some people, but not others? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Antoinella Blonde?

[ Edited ]

Hi

I thought Antonella looked lovely when I saw her with Tova: loved the cut, style and color!

When I started to have white- not gray- it looked very nice, but too much, and too much for my liking. I had my hairdresser add a little golden brown back to those areas, though still keeping some white as it was a gorgeous white.  

But when the roots began to show, and they grow back right away, I'd move my head a certain way, or the wind blew, and they'd show. I really didn't like that.

I've always used Joan's great Hair day, but I was going through that like crazy, and occassionaly used those root sprays- let me tell you about the root sprays- they are a health issue: one time I coughed and sneezed- brown residue was inside me. That's the last time I used the spray.  

So I've stopped fighting the white coming in for a few reasons: tired of figuring a way to hide various sections when the roots show too much,

and  being free from plastering hair powder all over or inhaling brown chemicals from the spray

IT'S SO FREEING, it really is.

I now have various Lt-med blonde highlights,  heavily mixed with my naturally golden, ginge,r Lt-med brown color, and it looks great.  

I'll eventually be full multi-toned blonde.

I think many women change to lighter color for these reason. It's a pain to constantly do roots, and if you don't, the roots show pretty much right away because your hair doesn't stop growing as soon as you color, it'd be nice though, if we could command it to hold off for a few weeks.Cat Tongue

My highlights are on some hair that isn't coming in white, and some of the roots which are showing white have no highlights, this really makes the pieces coming in white much less noticable for a longer period of time!

I think some women forget to evaluate their makeup. I don't wear much,  only when I go out- sometimes, but if they're still wearing the same colors, they may need to adjust the shades a bit to match the tone of their skin. The  new color change may change the appearance of their skintone a bit.

I'm light with naturally flushed cheeks, so if I go too warm I look very flushed. 

FREEING & LESS HAIR STRESSED!

I'LL NEVER LOOK BACK!.Cat Very Happy

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE