Honored Contributor

Re: Anti-aging products for rosacea?

@bosmamaa wrote:

I was to the dermatologist recently and while there asked for suggestions for skin care. She said I could use anything, including anti-aging products. She said anything you put on your skin shouldn't matter because rosacea comes from within. That took me by surprise because any information I've seen is differant than that. Anyway, just wondering if you use much for anti-aging or just keep it simple and use products to help keep skin calm? TIA!!

@bosmamaa

I don't use anti-aging products.  I would like to but I am very fearful.  I have always had extremely sensitive skin and have always had problems with fragrance and a lot of ingredients before I even got rosacea.  My dr. told me that less is more and he said use very gentle products.  I used metro gel daily and take a pill he prescribed called Nicazel Forte which has zinc.  I notice that extreme temps. whether it's hold or cold affect my skin a lot, as well as stress.  Everyone is different with their rosacea so I can't speak for others.  Some can use anti-aging with no problem.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Irshgrl!  I haven't used this new forum so I'm very mixed up on how to use it UGH! I'm sure it's simple but I miss the old way!

Honored Contributor

Paula's Choice makes great products for Rosacea and sensitive skin. I don't have Rosacea, but I have sensitive skin that gets read and irritated easily. I like the Calm line very much. Her Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum With Retinol also works well for my sensitive skin.

Honored Contributor

I have rosacea and sensitive skin.

My derm has me using Retin A 25% and I just started Peel in a Bottle.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN