Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Actually, speaking of Joan Rivers, she had the best hand cream ever made!  Too bad they quit making it.   I agree with @Shanus - whatever I use on my face and neck, I apply to my hands too (Retinol, Vitamin C, moisturizers, etc.).  My hands look good for 68 years old.  I also keep a refillable travel-size hand lotion in about every room of the house.  Every time my hands feel dry, I apply lotion of some sort.  Unfortunately, I really haven't found any brand of hand cream or lotion that I'd recommend over any others.

@tototwo  Kiehl’s makes one called Hand Salve...in a tube. Has eucalyptus in it, so tough to smell at bedtime, but effective. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sadly, my arthritic hands will never look young again..

Esteemed Contributor

Get help from a good Rheumatologist. I have Lupus and RA (among other health issues). While the meds have helped with the swelling and horrible joints, I'm still in cronic pain and fatigued most of the time. But what a difference the swelling and joints have made in my overall health in the past 10 years. I'll stay on these meds for a very long time to aleviate the swelling, falling and so many other horrible symptoms formerly experienced. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Goldfaden MD Hands to Heart Anti-Aging Plus Brightening Hand Treatment

My favorite. I only use before I go to bed.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Another new name Sue I think Joan had hand injections to keep the plump look of a much younger hand.

I would imagine Joan never did her own house cleaning or cooking so her hands would look great as an older person. I use retinol on the backs of my hands and that helps, but I still have a few age spots and the skin is crepy and I have thick blue veins too. 

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg,  Water is good for the skin but L'Occitane the regular hand creme with shea butter is excellent.  Their other fragrance hand creams are also nice but I am partial to the regular, almond and lavender.  Those are my favorites.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 I have the same hands that you describe.My hands have never been pretty though.I had large veins in hands and arms since I was young but now that I am old they look worse.I tell myself that I should just appreciate hands that work to do things that I enjoy and are necesssary but I am just not getting that message.I am forever hopeful that I will one day wake up to a hand transformation from some wonderful product that I have yet to find.

Honored Contributor

I use hand creams that also contain good skin care ingredients, such as ones from Skinn or Isomers.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anti-aging hand cream

[ Edited ]

From my internet seraches on beauty, a tip I found (haven't tried yet)...

hyaluronic serum on hands before a moisturizer (as someone else already mentioned)

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I have never taken care of my hands, and boy, is it showing at age 55.  Smiley Sad  I don't have age spots really...just thin, crepe-y skin, and of course...it is dry if I don't keep something on it.  I have started using my facial products on the backs of them (Retin A, vitamin C, AHA's, sunscreen) but am looking for a good anti-aging hand cream to put on before I go to bed.  I particularly want to address the crepe-y skin and hydration, of course.  I've read old threads on this topic but wondered if maybe there were newer products out that would address these issues.  TIA!

@Ainhisg

I'm 58 and, like you, I noticed my hands have suddenly changed.  The most recent change was a metacarpal fracture last month.  I really use (abuse?) my hands and I've never cared for lotions and creams.  I have them but I don't use them.

This website may be helpful: Hand Cream Reviews dot com.  There's an article on the site: 5 Best Anti-Aging Hand Creams for 2017.

Actually a lot of good information on the website.  I recently purchased Burt's Bees hand salve and there's information here that supports using a salve instead of a lotion.

Anyway, if you want to sit down with a beverage and peruse a website, check out this one.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~