Respected Contributor

Re: Anti-Aging and Anti-Acne Facial Skincare Suggestions please?

Bunnypink i feel your concern! Well i like Peter Thomas Roth aha/bha cleanser for pm washing with a clarisonic and in the am, Peter Thomas Roth blemish buffing beads. These 2 products have cleared my skin up dramatically. I also use his aha/bha anti acne gel every morning and my retin a gel every night. I am counting on the retin a to keep those wrinkles at bay! Now i do use a heavy eye cream but only use philosophy take a deep breath gel moisturizer on my face in daytime. This is the only moisturizer that hasn't caused breakouts. Most anti aging products have pimple causing sunscreen in them and other heavy ingredients that send my skin flaring up! I just got the tatcha exfoliating rice powder and have only used it a few times, so we will see if this is worth adding to my regime. Its a struggle but us oily skin girls tend not to wrinkle!
Regular Contributor

I really understand this problem! I have both acne prone skin AND dry skin...crazy combo!

I have been struggling forever. I try so many things and break out...sometimes even make up does this...UGH!

I am having success with the Cerave (dry to normal) cleanser...I also use an acne scrub, H2O toner, argan oil, tea tree oil, and a wonderful charcoal mask by freeman....I believe, so hydrating and no breakouts! I also use a simple glycolic cream every few days.

I am still trying to find an actual day and night cream that works, without breakouts! Havent found one yet....the argon oil is fine but my skin could use more hydration. Can't wait to see the suggestions here! Thanks for posting this question! Please keep us updating on new finds and fails too.

Super Contributor

Thanks, bmorechick! I feel like I need an acne product for day and the PTR aha/bha acne gel sounds good! Do you use any spf products? I'm thinking I may have to go back to Retin-A in the fall despite it making my skin crazy dry & sensitive. It did seem to help the wrinkles.
Super Contributor

sonnysky--I can relate to your dry skin too! Right now my skin is on the normal to oily side (maybe because it's summer?) but I have gone through periods where it has been dry and acne prone! People who don't have to deal with breakouts are so lucky!! I have so many products I've wasted money on because they've ended up making me break out--and of course I always figure it out past the return period Smiley Wink
Super Contributor

Do they still make that Cor silver soap? My college roommate used that faithfully.

Respected Contributor

Bunny - everyone is different but i needed an anti acne gel for day and this one worked for me without drying me out. I dont want to dry out, just be balanced. I cannot use any type of sunscreen on my face. But thats ok cause when I go to the beach Im under a hat and I work inside, so my face doesn't get any sun. The retin a doesnt dry me out anymore, just balances me out. Also, using a clarisonic really helped me. I poo pooed this device for years until my daughter got me one for xmas last year. I love it and yes, it helps to keep my skin clear. For the first time in 40 years, I can finally say I feel pretty good about my skin. Good luck to you!
Super Contributor

On 8/5/2014 F1wild said:

Do they still make that Cor silver soap? My college roommate used that faithfully.

Oooh, is this anti-aging??
Super Contributor

Alpha Hydrox Products. I use it every night my skin is finally smooth and silky. I have acne rosacea and it keeps it clear and is good for smoothing out fine lines.

Super Contributor

I agree with Myshell. Try going to asdmbeverlyhillsdotcom. They have acne products but they also have a Marine Complex Cream which is a gel for oily combination skin. They also have a cream that is Tepez.....something that is for skin that breaks out with natural ingredients. My skin is finicky and I get red, itchy spots and I like the tea tree oil for that as well as antifungal powder. You can email them, tell them about your skin and they will make a recommendation. They seem to be busy lately so it may take a couple of days for a reply. Normally it's the next day. They also have a great return policy.

They also have a 2% Retinol Cream which your skin may handle better,

Super Contributor

Thanks again everyone! I ended up ordering a trial size of the cor silver soap (looks very interesting & combines anti-aging!) and a paulas choice acne trial kit (was only $13 and free shipping. Not sure if it's anti-aging but figured worth a try for the price). If neither of these work I'm going to order the Paulas Choice skin balancing kit . I really appreciate everyone's help! Smiley Happy