Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,147
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix........

Here’s a great video explaining “Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix”..............Enjoy: https://youtu.be/eQnB-w-TQxI
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,736
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix........

That's Go See Christy's video. She's awesome. I'm subscribed. She can occasionally get a little distracted in her delivery (in a charming way) but her info is top notch--and researched!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,602
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix........

I book marked this. Very interested in this subject. Thanks for posting. ❤️

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,304
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix........

Better read this before forming any conclusions!

 

https://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/6-retinol-myths-busted

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,147
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix........

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

Better read this before forming any conclusions!

 

https://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/6-retinol-myths-busted


In the article they are talking about “retinols” there is a difference between using “retinols” and “Prescription Retin-A.” Go See Christy is saying if you mix certain products be sure your skin can tolerate them. Everyone has different skin and some can tolerate what others can’t.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,304
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix........


@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

Better read this before forming any conclusions!

 

https://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/6-retinol-myths-busted


In the article they are talking about “retinols” there is a difference between using “retinols” and “Prescription Retin-A.” Go See Christy is saying if you mix certain products be sure your skin can tolerate them. Everyone has different skin and some can tolerate what others can’t.

Right, I know this. I didn't realize Christy was talking about retin-A. I apologize.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,147
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix........


@Judaline wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

Better read this before forming any conclusions!

 

https://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/6-retinol-myths-busted


In the article they are talking about “retinols” there is a difference between using “retinols” and “Prescription Retin-A.” Go See Christy is saying if you mix certain products be sure your skin can tolerate them. Everyone has different skin and some can tolerate what others can’t.

Right, I know this. I didn't realize Christy was talking about retin-A. I apologize.


@Judaline No apology needed. 🌷🥰🙋🏻
Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,402
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix........

[ Edited ]

Okay so did I hear her say retinols thin the skin??!! Uh, no! That's not correct. I heard her say that while she was discussing using vit C and retinol. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,496
Registered: ‎01-23-2019

Re: Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix........


@SilleeMee wrote:

Okay so did I hear her say retinols thin the skin??!! Uh, no! That's not correct. I heard her say that while she was discussing using vit C and retinol. 


It seems to be a popular misconception about retinol. I’ve had people tell me the same thing but the opposite is actually true.  A sales associate at Sephora once told me I should take a break from retinol for a few months since it will be thinning my skin so much. I was like, ok sure and just walked away.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,736
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: Anti Aging Ingredients You Should Never Mix........

Retinol and retinoids (meaning all vitamin A products) thin and compact the stratum corneum. That is true. The dermis gets thicker and the stratum corneum layer of the epidermis gets thinner. And that outer outer stratum corneum layer is what holds the moisture in your skin. It's why your skin can get so dry when you use retinoids.

 

If you want to use these products it is important to account for hydrating your skin and adding a good barrier to keep the moisture in your skin. Older skin already often has issues with moisture loss due to reduced lipids, and retinoids make it worse. Does not mean you shouldn't use retinoids, just plan ahead to handle any side effects.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr