Honored Contributor

Another question about bar soap.

[ Edited ]

When we moved to our new hose, the previous owners had left beautiful bars of VERY coarse soap in each soap holder.

I think they may have contained oatmeal very coarsely cut, and they lasted for months. The soap part of the bars was very mild and soothing.

I Bought a bar of Yardley Oatmeal Soap yesterday, and there is  next to no exfoliating material in the bar. 

If anyone knows of any bars of exfoliating soap that contain big chunks of some kind of fiber, please post?

Honored Contributor

Re: Another question about bar soap.

these bars could have been specially made for the sellers.

the other place to look is LUSH, there are stores around the country and you can purchase on line.

they carry many unusual items that are handmade. They might have something

Honored Contributor

Beekman 1802 Honey & Oats isn't super chunky, but it does provide some exfoliation.  It smells good too.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Beekman 1802 Honey & Oats isn't super chunky, but it does provide some exfoliation.  It smells good too.

I agree this soap exfoliates nicely and I'd divine. Lasts a long time.

Respected Contributor

Another company that has a bar like this is Goat Milk Stuff.  It has oatmeal and fiber and does a great job.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann Any way you can message the old owners & ask them?  Sounds like it was a nice soap.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This sounds just like a little shop we found this kind of soap in down in Tenn. They have a whole area of very crafty people. This is handmade soap. We use to order it by the box load. Loved the smell, texture, longevity, and it was worth the little bit more it cost. One of the little pleasures in life. Not sure I have the name of the shop any longer I'll need to check later and get back to you if I find it. Now a days, so many regular stores are out of business, this could be too. Maybe anyone who lives in TN, or found this little shop, has the info. Closer near Gatlinburg.

FOUND IT!!  Called Apple Annies. Guess they still have a web site going, and I loved their handmade soap. The scents were wonderful.

Honored Contributor

Check on Etsy.

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Another company that has a bar like this is Goat Milk Stuff.  It has oatmeal and fiber and does a great job.

Another vote for this! Love this Goat Milk Stuff.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Contributor

Vermont Soap Company