Honored Contributor

Re: Another one bites the dust, tingly lip products

Well, anyone who keeps talking about “creamy” is not for me.

Creamy lasts me about 1/2 hour.  I’m tired of putting on lipstick and having it last a few minutes.

I just threw away tons of Dalton and others I won’t post because others will come on and say “ it works for them”.  I’m happy for them.

I’m talking about what works ( or rather) doesn’t for me.

Respected Contributor

I haven’t tried the tingly ones, but recently tried Lipsense   (lipstick that stays and doesn’t rub off until you remove it) which isn’t a “tingly “ product but after wearing it for a day and removing it, it leaves my lips feeling quite irritated and dry. I like the staying power but not worth the discomfort.😳

Esteemed Contributor

No way!   I remember I had a bare mineral lip gloss that had that peppermint in it and was presented  on air as a nice refreshing smell or something .   I could t get it off fast  enough it stung like crazy !!!!    Washed my lips with my face cleanser and it still stung for awhile.   Can't wear any item on my lips that stings ,   Can't understand putting peppermint in a lip product of all things !!   

Esteemed Contributor

A resounding NOPE.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I haven’t tried the tingly ones, but recently tried Lipsense   (lipstick that stays and doesn’t rub off until you remove it) which isn’t a “tingly “ product but after wearing it for a day and removing it, it leaves my lips feeling quite irritated and dry. I like the staying power but not worth the discomfort.😳

That one has alcohol in it, if I recall correctly.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No!!

I always thought this was a by-product of a lip-plumping ingredient because any gloss that makes this claims ALWAYS tingles. I avoid them.

Recently, I re-purchased a few lipSTICKS and OMG....they TINGLED TOO!! Contacted the SA who sold them to me and asked if they were now lip-plumping and she said no. Went to the vendor site and saw nothing about lip-plumping on any of them. Hmm.

Last week I was talking to my buddy who is a long-time makeup blogger about this and I mentioned the brands that suddenly were doing this. She told me that the lines had reformulated their products but it wasn't being announced. It's one of those things that companies SWEAR they didn't do but it's obvious when you can detect a change in the shade, the texture and a reaction to the skin. Knowing this, I'm wondering if it's an ingredient that is being used in more and more lip products overall.

So, back those lipsticks went. The SA had no idea but when you compare old to new, yep, it's pretty obvious. I honestly thing no one pays attention to details like that until there is a complaint and then it's a "OMG, I had no idea!!" moment.

Valued Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

Staying with my Clinique.  The colors work, no problems.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I have ever tried a lip product that was tingly that I didn't know ahead of time that it would be.  I do like tingly but usually only find it in lip balm products.  What I can't stand is lip products that dry; most long-wear, no-transfer lip products are like that.  And if you try to put a gloss or balm over them, it ruins the long-wear properties.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I kind of like it.

Especially the minty ones.