Valued Contributor

Another bad haircut! Could be the worst to date.

I just am so tired of these bad haircuts. My hair is wavy and thick and I got an uneven cut which is going to take a year at least to grow out. Not sure if I should even try to get it fixed but I am embarrassed to go out looking like this. She first used thinning shears and went around the center of it. Then she layered it you can see actually every cut from the scissors. I can tuck it behind my ears but even that looks uneven. Do I grin and bear it or try to get it evened out risking it looking even worse? don't know where to go to find a decent stylist.
Honored Contributor

Re: Another bad haircut! Could be the worst to date.

Without seeing your hair I would suggest trying to wear it in a different style by curling it with rollers or an iron or whatever is your choice.

Curls tend to cover cutting mistakes. That will give you some to decide if you just want to have it recut or wait a few months before getting it cut again by someone else.

i am so sorry this happened to you.  It's a familiar story though, it happens to many people.

Honored Contributor

Think of yourself as a trend setter, making a statement, until it grows out and you can do more with it.  I can't say this enough, if you would let me, take a picture so they know how you want it to come  out.  I never could explain exactly how I wanted it unless I said, "a football helmet" like Sally said in that movie.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry- I totally feel your pain.  At least hair grows fastest in summer... 

i lost all faith in stylists and cut my hair myself.  It will grow back , try remember .🌟

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 wrote:
I just am so tired of these bad haircuts. My hair is wavy and thick and I got an uneven cut which is going to take a year at least to grow out. Not sure if I should even try to get it fixed but I am embarrassed to go out looking like this. She first used thinning shears and went around the center of it. Then she layered it you can see actually every cut from the scissors. I can tuck it behind my ears but even that looks uneven. Do I grin and bear it or try to get it evened out risking it looking even worse? don't know where to go to find a decent stylist.

@Theresa1121

I'm still waiting for the day when a shaved head for women is all the rage and every woman just takes it all off.

I could fill a coffee table book with photos of my bad haircuts.  I can count, one on hand, the "good" ones.

Several years ago when I was between jobs I was hesitant to spend any money -- especially on my hair.  Better-half asked me if I wanted him to shave it off and I thought, why not?

Ever since that time, I've wanted to do it again.  I firmly believe that every woman should do it at least once in her life.

There is so much fear and trauma associated with hair loss related to illness and its treatment.  It shouldn't be that way.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

If it were me I would ask my coworkers, friends, family, ladies at church, even ladies you see out in public (ones you like their haircut) where they go.  Google salons in your area, some of them will be rated.  I would chose a more pricey salon, they seem to have the best stylists.  When you find one ask them to do what is necessary to correct your bad cut.  If you like what she/he does then stick with them.  I wish you luck.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I think bald with huge earrings and great makeup is great!! 

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 wrote:

@Theresa1121

I feel your pain!  I just got a hair cut and I don't like it at all.  I told the girl to cut it a certain length and she cut it way shorter.  Plus, the sides and back are all uneven.  Yuck. I have wavy somewhat thick hair, as well.  It is hard to get it to behave no matter what.  I think you should ask for recommendations of places to go from friends and relatives.  Then, go and explain to the stylist exactly what is wrong with the cut and ask them what needs to be done to straighten it out.  You will feel unhappy all the time unless you do something!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121   That is why I have not gone back to the hair salon for over 2 years... BAD HAIRCUTS!  And I pay $55 a cut PLUS A TIP.... so I have just been growing my silver white hair out.  It is past my shoulders now and  I wear it up usually as  It is just easy.

If you feel so bad about the cut,  maybe take the chance that someone can fix it..... or just do the best you can and let it grow out for 6 months to a year.  use clips or whatever  you can until you get some length back to it.... HOW SHORT IS IT?  

Respected Contributor

So sorry about your bad haircut. I think we've all been there at one time or another.

Hair products are your friend while you wait for it to grow. Put some curl cream in and coax your waves  into curls. You're lucky that a messy, undone look is in style. Dont try to make it look perfect. Embrace the uneven look.