Frequent Contributor

Hello Ladies,

New Skinn user here with another question for you experts. Does anyone use prescription Retin A along with their Skinn products and if so what is your regime for using them together? Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do. I use 0.1% Tretinoin. I only use it about 3 times a week right now. With my PM routine, sometime after dinner I'll do my regular cleansing, toning, and application of my PM products - everything except the Retin-A. When I'm ready to go to bed, I'll go in the bathroom for the "right before bed stuff" and apply the Retin-A.

Frequent Contributor
On 3/16/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Yes, I do. I use 0.1% Tretinoin. I only use it about 3 times a week right now. With my PM routine, sometime after dinner I'll do my regular cleansing, toning, and application of my PM products - everything except the Retin-A. When I'm ready to go to bed, I'll go in the bathroom for the "right before bed stuff" and apply the Retin-A.

Thanks, Jean Louise, you are always so good to answer my questions.

Honored Contributor
On 3/16/2015 wellergirl said:

Thanks, Jean Louise, you are always so good to answer my questions.

Happy that I could help you. The only thing I was confused on was using the Translucent Skin Resurfacing Concentrate on the nights I use Retin-A. Dimitri always stresses that it's not an AHA, but that it does a similar kind of exfolation. At first, I thought it would be OK to use them both at the same time, but then decided that it's probably better to use the Resurfacing Concentrate either in the AM or on non-RetinA nights.

Respected Contributor

I do the reverse; I put my Retin A on first. Then wait a half hour and put on Stem Rejen and 24 Hour Cream. I don't use a Vit C or AHA at night with the Retin A. I would think that putting other products on first would weaken the effectiveness of the Retin A. Just my opinion not sure about that.

Honored Contributor
On 3/16/2015 Tricolor said:

I do the reverse; I put my Retin A on first. Then wait a half hour and put on Stem Rejen and 24 Hour Cream. I don't use a Vit C or AHA at night with the Retin A. I would think that putting other products on first would weaken the effectiveness of the Retin A. Just my opinion not sure about that.

I used to think the same as you, Tricolor. Then I read something here and on another place online that said the Retin-A should be the last thing that goes on at night.

http://www.drbaileyskincare.com/blog/use-retin-a-tretinoin-for-acne-anti-aging-skin-care/

Respected Contributor
On 3/16/2015 Tricolor said:

I used to think the same as you, Tricolor. Then I read something here and on another place online that said the Retin-A should be the last thing that goes on at night.

http://www.drbaileyskincare.com/blog/use-retin-a-tretinoin-for-acne-anti-aging-skin-care/

Thank you for the information.