Honored Contributor

Another Product Discontinued

Ugh!  Just went to order some products and discovered one of my favorite hair products has been discontinued, Samy Get Curls Curl Reactivator.  While I do have to combine it with another product to get the total results of frizz control and non-crunchy curl definition, it took me quite awhile and a lot of money finding this product.  I did order one last bottle, but after that I'll be looking for a replacement.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Product Discontinued

Have you checked your local drugstore?  That's where I've been buying Samy products.

Honored Contributor

That particular item hasn't been in any of the drug stores I frequent in quite some time, so I wasn't overly surprised it had been discontinued, just disappointed.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess

What are you looking for a product to do for you?

I have very curly hair and perhaps I can recommend; or someone else may...

Honored Contributor

I see amazon has it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee, I know Amazon has it.  I just bought a bottle from them, but I also had to buy several other items so I could only buy one bottle today.  Some of the pricing on what I'm finding otherwise are getting to be more than I want to pay.

@Andreatoo, as to what I want it to do, I have fine hair that is permed which I wear curly.  I try to let it dry (after applying product) as long as I can before finishing up with a dryer and diffuser.  I use Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk first which works best for frizz.  The Samy product, which was a liquidy gel gives me curl definition without it being crunchy.  I don't want anything that has a propensity to dry my hair since I both color and perm.  I finish up my style after drying by scrunching Jonathan Product Silky Dirt (another product I worry about) mixed with my own proprietary oil blend (said tongue in cheek) into my hair and then a little PM Quick Dry Sculpting Spray for a little hold.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess

Wen Fig has done wonders for my dry, naturally curly hair. Long, spiral curls. But for added definition I found that Matrix Biolage Defining Gel Cream for curly hair works beautifully for me.

Was trying to insert a pic but the forum won't let me Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_20160324_111920340_HDR.jpg

@Andreatoo, you click on he little box that looks like 2 mountains with the sun over it.  Then you click in the first box that comes up.  Once the image loads, I chose the small option.

I'll look into the Matrix Biolage option.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess

Have you tried Ebay?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Icegoddess

Have you tried Ebay?

I don't need it now.  I just bought some, but I'm thinking for the future.  I just can't stock up right now and I won't be willing to pay discontinued prices as I have already noticed some exhorbitant prices out there for it.  Eventually I'll need to find something else anyways.