Honored Contributor

Re: Another Josie Maran TSV tonight?

I'm a fan of her body butters, but do not care for the illuminizing ones since they do wear off onto my clothes.  I'm an even BIGGER fan of Pina Coladas.  I sure wish she had a regular body butter in Pina Colada.  Y'all would have to fight me for it...HA! HA!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Josie TSV..Her products are not all that great.

[ Edited ]

All I know is that I happened to turn on the TV for my son (he likes QVC and HSN as background noise as he finds it soothing.... same with football games) while his nurse was here (so I could go do errands) and heard Carolyn Gracie say:

"....because who wants to be pale and look horrendous!! NO ONE wants pale skin...it's ugly".

My son said "that's kinda rude".

The nurse, who has very dark skin said "I would be terribly hurt if she had said that but used dark instead of pale; is she allowed to say that?"

Yes, yes she can because it's how she SELLS this cr*p. 

Thanks, Carolyn.

BTW, I'm not 100% sure it was Carolyn (though she's the only one that comes close to what the host looked liked) because when I went to look at the pictures of the hosts on the QVC site, SO MANY look NOTHING like those pictures. If you saw the JM show airing at the 10am slot and it was a different host, please let me know.

She had blonde hair to her shoulders and was wearing glasses.

Contributor

Re: Josie TSV..Her products are not all that great.

I bought Josie's Whipped Self-Tanning Cream last year and I love it. I used it almost every day in the spring and summer. I still have a lot left in the jar (was oversized) and a whole new one that I had auto-shipped. It does not stain your clothes if you let it dry while you're doing your hair and makeup etc. It's very nourishing for your skin as well.

I'm addicted to her whipped body butter but I do not care for the illuminated cream. It's thicker, a bit too glitery and will get on your clothes. If this oil product is as good as last year's whipped one that would be great.

I bought a product  at my local food co-op by Eco Tan that I love. Yet Josie's does work better. Both give a natural looking tan, bronzed look.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  My reason for not self-tanning is the opposite from you.  I go out in the sun for a few minutes (even with sunscreen on), I turn a shade darker.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze.  I think LG also has a bronzer in a compact that you can wet sponge & run it over legs, arms & washes off. If I see spray tanned women now, it looks fake. No one bakes in sun so if everyone knows you weren't on a yacht in Tahiti, what's the point? 

I gave up shorts a long time ago....short, skinny white legs not a good look. When I wear capris (long ones..3" from ankle), I wear Jergen's Natural Glow Gradual Tanning Lotion...Fair-Medium skin tones. I don't use 3 or 4 times a week to build up to a tan, but maybe twice on arms & legs. It gives me a shade darker (beige instead of white 😜) that blends in pesky spider veins, bruises, etc. No coverage...just blending.

Respected Contributor

I have this TSV & its great...Her tanning oil is wonderful & looked fwd to every year by many who love it..I do not use her illuminizing body butter but since it's included, I mix a bit in the unscented I have & it works great that way...I have used St Tropez and Josies for years, and I don't look orange or anything close to that, but then again I know how to use my product.....If you don't care for Josie, & her products  it's proabably not going to be a good day for you on the Q...

Valued Contributor

I can hardly wait to see what she has on tonight because it seems to be what leads to more comments then the TSV.