Trusted Contributor

Re: Another Josie Maran TSV tonight?

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

Does anyone know I feel the illuminating body body has tint?  It looks beige/tan...I don't like using tinted lotion on my body because it comes off on my clothing.  

Nothing less attractive in the summer than a white tank top with a brown-tinge staining the neckline and armholes.  I don't apply bronzers on my chest or neckline for this reason.

I believe it is tinted. I was on EBay a few weeks ago and someone was selling it.  i was tempted, but whenver there is a tinted body moisturizer it ends up on my clothes and car seat.

Trusted Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

Does anyone know I feel the illuminating body body has tint?  It looks beige/tan...I don't like using tinted lotion on my body because it comes off on my clothing.  

Nothing less attractive in the summer than a white tank top with a brown-tinge staining the neckline and armholes.  I don't apply bronzers on my chest or neckline for this reason.

I believe it is tinted. I was on EBay a few weeks ago and someone was selling it.  i was tempted, but whenver there is a tinted body moisturizer it ends up on my clothes and car seat.

Thanks.  I feel the same way and it would end up unused. 

Respected Contributor

I don't find faux tanning to be very attractive.  I think Josie and the models look very odd with it on.  

Valued Contributor

I feel the same, really can't watch Josie, kind of annoying. I use her Arganoil  and  Argon body butter and Divine honey that's about all. Would like to try her Argan milk, but, after reading all the negative reviews on the dropper no thanks. Apparantly she doesn't care. Because she has not addressed the problem. Didn't she just have a TSV right before or after the holidays? I may be wrong, but, it seems like a lot of repeat TSV's. 

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@mistyada wrote:

The TSV is

2 bottles (4.3 oz) self tanning oil

1  - 8 oz illuminizing body butter and 1 - 2 oz body butter

plush mitt

Choice of Pina Colada, Tropical Orchid, or Vanilla Apricot in butter

@Q4u wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing what it might be.... I can't live without her body butter because my skin is so dry.  It makes my skin incredible.  I use her oil as well, but the improvement I see consistently is with using her body butter.... Heart

@mistyada  Thanks for the info!  It's a pass for me, since I don't self tan. 

I detest self tanning.  I only do it when I HAVE to -i.e. going to Florida or somewhere on vacation where I practically "have" to, LOL. 

I self tan maybe once every few years.  It stinks and it's so messy and I feel dirty with self tanner on my skin.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

I've tried a number of her products, but generally find them overly greasy and sticky. My own personal preference is the argon line from the competitor shopping network, simply because it seems to penetrate and absorb better on my skin. Her fans are borderline obsessive about the lady and her products, so as you said, they'll be overjoyed! I'll be insulted and called a hater, but frankly, I get a little grossed out watching a mature woman prance around in overly tight, sparkly dresses for teenagers with "the girls" all but hanging over the top. Let's be honest: No amount of argon oil is going to preserve one in the 90s FOREVER. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was',t interested in the TSV but it was an excellent price for those who wear her tanning lotion. I use her face butter but I can get it at Sephora for the same price so why not at least offer it in a 8oz. for that price. I got a sample of her foundation (many more shades)at Sephora and I did not care for it. I perfer a more sheer to buildable coverage and that one excentuated fine lines & pores. I did not find it to flatter more mature women at all. 

Trusted Contributor

Not sure how a self tanning oil would work out....for me, self tanners should dry pretty quickly otherwise you run the risk of the self tanner being removed in spots on your body when you sit, rub up against something, etc....I think I'll pass

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022, I received my TSV last week but haven't used it. I decided to try the butter this morning. Now I only used a smidge of it just try it out. I got the Pina Colada which smells wonderful. It's a combo of pineapple and coconut but definitely not overpowering. It looks very dark in the jar but I don't detect any type of tint.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66. Good question. Answer? All based on sales. $ rules at the Q.