Honored Contributor

Re: Another Josie Maran TSV tonight?

@momoftwo2007. I'm w/ you. Can't self tan. Too fair, if tan my body even lightly, my face glows even more fair. I look like a Q Tip.

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32. I never understood the attraction to looking like you baked in the sun. It seems like everyone would think, "Stupidity, you'll have lots of wrinkles later". I tried it once. It was a p.i.t.a. It was on my clothing, my sheets, washed my face twice a day, but showered once so both never the same color. I had to keep using powder bronzer on my face to even out the look. Not worth the time or trouble. Everyone who knows me, expects "ghostly white". I'll just continue to accept it. 

Respected Contributor

Some years back I tried her self tanner that one used in the shower.  It was horrible and and quickly removed from the inventory. Therefore getting burned once, I just could not ever try her self tanner again.  

Occasional Contributor

I had to send her tanner back. Made me orange and would have had to use a whole bottle to see any color at all. I can get organic cold pressed argon oil for about $7. I don't even watch QVC when she has a TSV (which seems way to often) because she's on every other hour. The best face and body treatment cream I have found is WEN. Does wonders for my face and skin. Plus he does more than wipe lotion on his arms the whole hour. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let me begin by saying that I'm not one to self tan because I ALWAYS turn orange and it wears off uneven. I do, however, really like Vita Liberata in dark (the medium doesn't show up in me).  I only use it on my legs to hide imperfections from getting old (spider veins). It dries in under a minute and is not greasy at all, which I fear, Josie's might be. I just used the VL on my cruise and can wear shorts and dresses and not feel embarrassed because of my legs. 

Just got it again at Walmart which is much cheaper than here.

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing what it might be.... I can't live without her body butter because my skin is so dry.  It makes my skin incredible.  I use her oil as well, but the improvement I see consistently is with using her body butter.... Heart

I use a lot of different body products, but her Peppermint Bark body butter is one of my favorites. I got the 19 oz jar at Christmas on auto-delivery to use when it's warm here. It's already been in the 80s here in central Texas and the Peppermint Bark has been fantastic.

I like the argan oil, but prefer the Argan Milk and Face Butter. Love both of those products for my skin.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Mellie32. I never understood the attraction to looking like you baked in the sun. It seems like everyone would think, "Stupidity, you'll have lots of wrinkles later". I tried it once. It was a p.i.t.a. It was on my clothing, my sheets, washed my face twice a day, but showered once so both never the same color. I had to keep using powder bronzer on my face to even out the look. Not worth the time or trouble. Everyone who knows me, expects "ghostly white". I'll just continue to accept it. 

I prefer my fair skin too. And no, we all don't look more youthful with darker skin! I personally think there are some that actually look OLDER with darker/tanned skin. I do like using something with a bit of shimmer or a bit of a glistening look (NOT oily, lol) on my legs and exposed arms in the summer but generally no faux color. Tarte had an amazon forest temporary tanner type product that washed off in the shower so it was not long term and it was great. It was more like a kiss of natural color, almost undetectable, and it did not rub off on your clothes but I am not sure they make it anymore. I'd use it once in awhile but I am fine with my natural color. 

Valued Contributor

Josie and her grease is back! Gave her body butter a run and ended up using it up on my feet. I don't get understand the love for her products. They obviously just don't work for me. Sams Club sells a coconut cream in a big tub and it far out performs! Granddaughter has the worst skin. Used the coconut cream on her and bam! Skin is super soft. For a fraction of the price!

Regular Contributor

Josie TSV..Her products are not all that great.

I have used her body butters they haven't helped my very dry skin at all.  I have been using Dimitri James products from Evine.  (Skinn cosmetics).  His items are great and not filled with water and additives.  I change the channel when she is on.  I cannot stand to see her slathering on products over and over again.  I am becoming less and less of a QVC customer. They seem to show the same brands over and over again.

Honored Contributor

I love her body butter but I'm not interested in a tinted version.  Those tinted type lotions all end up sweating off, rubbing off, etc. all over clothing, seats, furniture.

I self-tan on a regular basis but only my legs.  My legs are much, much lighter than my arms and chest.  Like someone else said, I use it to hide imperfections because I have spider veins on my legs. 

I don't go heavy with the self-tanner, I use just enough to give me some color so my legs match the rest of me better.  I don't do super dark.  I will only use self-tanner that comes in a can that you spray on.  I can get those on right without streaking or grabbing.  Lotions, mousse, foam, oils I end up making a mess with.