Honored Contributor

About 6 months ago I went back to a stylist I used a few years ago, she is good and I like her.

I made an appointment for Sunday 3-17 and last week I tried to change it, receptionist said she has no appoints on Friday or Saturday so I thought I kept my appointment.

Today I tried to move it to Tuesday the 19 and I was told I have an appointment on Friday at 10:30, thing is I never made that appointment I was told she was booked and I have a doctors appointment at the same time.

The receptionist is not that bright and now I am the one left with out an appointment at the salon, I am so annoyed.

I did however make an appointment at anther small salon.

What would you do 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox   i feel your pain. not much you can do really. 

seems the receptionist is a little ditzy, or incompetent. 

i would not make a stink about it. people do make mistakes, or maybe her communication skills are lacking.  Maybe the smaller salon is the way to go?  

Honored Contributor

What I would do is to make sure I have an appointment with my stylist that I happen to really like.  I would call back & make sure that we all agree on the time.  The receptionist made a mistake and sometimes things happen....it is annoying though.

Honored Contributor

I believe I would have gone to the salon in person to correct the change in appointment, seeing that she wrote it down on the correct day and time and ask her give me a card with the correct date and time as proof.

You still have time to have it changed.  Its a hassle to be sure.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

Thanks but since I do not drive and uber is 8 dollars each way its really not worth it, this woman can not do her job, this is not the first time she has mucked around with my appointments

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I believe I would have gone to the salon in person to correct the change in appointment, seeing that she wrote it down on the correct day and time and ask her give me a card with the correct date and time as proof.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I've experienced that situation with my salon. It's annoying and aggrivating to say the least. The question is this--do you want to keep your stylist or try another?  
Since you have an appointment that works better with your schedule then (if it were me) I would try the new stylist. You might be as satisfied or more so and the appointment issue would be gone. If you then decided that your original stylist was better than I would the next appointment with her. If asked I would just say the appointment process was problematic for your schedle. In my case...the receptionist was a relative of the salon owner.

Honored Contributor

From a business point of view.  When you cancel and try to reschedule an appointment it can " throw the books off" and mess up the whole days scheduling. Every client gets a time blocked out for a duration depending on the seevice they are getting.  A wash, cut and blow dry might take 30 minutes, where as a two process color for the first  time might need 1.5 hours.

Some appointments are made months in advance.  For example, someone might get their hair cut on the first of the month, every month.

If you make an appointment, you should try to honor it, unless there is an emergency. Clients who cancel, or keep changing the date or time of the appointment are a PITA and are sometimes dropped by the salon if they do it often enough.

the salon in question seems to have a receptionist who gets confused easily, or bothered by the calls to change things.  

If you really like the stylist, I suggest you make your next appointment after getting your hair done while you are paying your bill.  Get a business card that shows the time and date of your next appointment and keep the appointment you made.

Only cancel and reschedule for dire reasons.  Your stylists's time is Importent as is yours.

Honored Contributor

I would make a new appointment with my stylist. I certainly wouldn't punish her/him for the mistake of the receptionist and go somewhere else.

This has happened to me. The difference was it was 6 weeks before the appointment and I didn't discover the receptionist had made the error until I walked in and there was no appointment for me. My stylist was ticked, I was ticked and the manager wasn't too thrilled. In my case, the receptionist had enter my info for the day BEFORE and didn't realize it. I wasn't the only one according to my stylist a few days later when I was sitting in her chair.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

This is exactly what I would do. Do everything in person and in writing and that guarantees what has been done.

Respected Contributor

Those who say they would go back into the salon & deal with the issue must live in a very small town. Maybe one stop llight. Not realistic for most of us.