Honored Contributor

I don't remember ever seeing complaints when other vendors came with their animals -  and eben trained animals are often just animals in strange surroundings!

Haven't seen the goats.  Are they that different?

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't see the necessity with bringing the goats....same as Wen bringing his dogs on set...who always looked so

"out of it"...................

The products will sell w/the animals on set..

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

When I was young, I had a pet Alpine male goat, and he didn't smell.

Know why?

Because as my late mother used to say, she had him de-horned and de-nutted (neutered).

No smell.

As for cleaning up their poop, if you are hired as a janitor at QVC, you clean everything, including goat poop.

In case anybody didn't know, goat poop is pellets, kinda like rabbit poop.

So all you need is a broom and a dust pan.

It's not like you would be cleaning up steaming cow patties.

@Anonymous032819, I wonder whether that would be considered acceptable today.

@suzyQ3 

What? To have a goat's horns surgically removed by a farm vet, and neutered at the same time?

Why not?

Stallions get gelded all the time, why not neuter a goat?

@Anonymous032819, I was primarily referring to the surgical removal of the horns? What is the purpose of that?

@suzyQ3 

If I can recall my mother's reason, I think it was because she didn't want him to accidentally hurt someone with them. 

Also, he had a pen that was half covered with some type of milled lumber, and the other half with chicken wire (we also had about 50 free range chickens. We'd let them out of their coops, to roam and eat the bugs. No insecticide needed on our garden! Plus the eggs had a deep orange color, and were so delicious!) and didn't want his horns to get caught in that.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Frequent Contributor
Spoiler

Oh my...We are getting upset over some cute goats being on a tv set.  There is so much more out in this world that people are dealing with such as health issues, finanical and spiritual.  BUT today we are concerned with who is picking up the poop???? If you don't like the goats then turn the channel.  I hope everyone has a great day!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I just don't see the necessity with bringing the goats....same as Wen bringing his dogs on set...who always looked so

"out of it"...................

The products will sell w/the animals on set..

Ah, they might sell without the animals on the set, but they might sell even MORE with the animals on the set!

Esteemed Contributor

@bmorechick - I couldn't disagree with you more about dogs staying outside. I have had dogs from large to small and they have always lived inside. They are part of my family.

I bet you think its ok to ride with dogs in the back of a pick-up truck too. I also don't believe dogs should be chained or tied up when they are outside.

Esteemed Contributor

Growing up, my parents always had a male and a female Samoyed.

Sammy.jpg

Yes, they would come in to the house, but these dogs would ask to go outside, and preferred to be outside.

They have a thick undercoat that keeps them warm.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my!  I love animals and enjoy seeing the goats.  Maybe the solution is for the goats to wear “Attends.”  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Animals on the set

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

Oh my!  I love animals and enjoy seeing the goats.  Maybe the solution is for the goats to wear “Attends.”  

@PamfromCT 

Do you mean Depend??????

Depends.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Animals on the set

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

@PamfromCT Woman LOL-that would be cute but actually good idea lol!

Image result for goat with a diaper

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"