Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2  "Why even have a dog if you can't stand to have them around you?"

No one in this tread stated they can't stand to be around dogs.  A lot of people own dogs that their primary "job" is to "guard"  the outside domicile as well as inside.  Does not mean these "guard" dogs are not loved, very well cared for.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Good grief what do you care since you dont have to clean up any animal mess on the set.

The goats are cute.  Even if they did jump on anyone they wont hurt you.  The models I saw did not mind they were petting and feeding them.

What a piddly thing to whine about.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Animals sell, the reason they are used so often in ads and company logos.  That's why there are 3 goats walking around QVC's set.  

Same with Wen.  Many people love dogs.  Customers remember their names. 

Look at Subaru...just about every ad is about dogs.  

Bush's beans...Golden Retriever

Budweiser...Clydesdale horses and a Dalmatian  

Coke...Polar Bear

Aflac...duck

John Deere...Whitetail Deer Buck

Mack Truck...Bulldog

I could go on and on. 

Much has been written, see online, about why companies use animals and why it works.  If animals didn't help sell products, they wouldn't be used.  

Honored Contributor

It always makes me sad to know a dog is kept outside. Or in one room inside.

I don't understand why you would want a dog if not to love and hug and get all the love they freely give day after day and give it back to them'

Is it for protection or to deter people from coming on the property?

There are alarms for that.

I loved seeing the goats. It actually made me watch the presentation of the soap.

I wouldn't mind cleaning it up.

I never minded cleaning up after my granddogs or kids either. but I was a waitress when young who also cleaned bathrooms, mopped floors. I guess its what you're used to doing.

Go goats!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Even though I haven't liked any of their products that I purchased, I just love those adorable goats and often watch for them only!  Why would anyone care about who cleans up their waste?  It's not like they are showing any waste from the goats up close!  They are always well behaved.  I would love to work with the goats!

@Pook 

If you worked for Q would you like to be told to go clean up the goat poop???

Not right for anyone working at Q told to take care of it IMO.

The person hired for that job needs to know that's what they And you know for a fact that is happening?  How long have you worked there??!!  I would think they have a crew that travels with them but even so..  I am sure there are janitors and those who clean up the studio and that would include anything - even someone throwing up.  When you have such a job you clean up!!

@Pook 

If I was a janitor I would expect to clean bathrooms, vacuum, mop but not clean up someone's throw up or goat poop. That's when I would say what Johnny Paycheck from his song. LOL!!!

I have really done that at a job.

I was hired to do payroll, account payable/receivables, data entry etc. Come Weds they said time to stop work to clean the office, vacuum, dust, mop, clean the bathrooms. I thought No Way. I was not hired as a maid. I went to the guy that hired me & told him what I thought. I used that phrase from Johnny Paychecks song & walked out the door.

Not everybody has that luxury, and yes, it is a luxury, to just tell the boss to "take this job and...."

Also, in the job description it will usually list the duties, and have the words, "Job duties include BUT AREN'T LIMITED TO.....", meaning they can add on ANY task, at ANY time.

Lastly, not all people are so high and mighty that a little bathroom cleaning or goat poop cleaning would bother them.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

When I was young, I had a pet Alpine male goat, and he didn't smell.

Know why?

Because as my late mother used to say, she had him de-horned and de-nutted (neutered).

No smell.

As for cleaning up their poop, if you are hired as a janitor at QVC, you clean everything, including goat poop.

In case anybody didn't know, goat poop is pellets, kinda like rabbit poop.

So all you need is a broom and a dust pan.

It's not like you would be cleaning up steaming cow patties.

@Anonymous032819, I wonder whether that would be considered acceptable today.

@suzyQ3 

What? To have a goat's horns surgically removed by a farm vet, and neutered at the same time?

Why not?

Stallions get gelded all the time, why not neuter a goat?

@Anonymous032819, I was primarily referring to the surgical removal of the horns? What is the purpose of that?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Good grief what do you care since you dont have to clean up any animal mess on the set.

The goats are cute.  Even if they did jump on anyone they wont hurt you.  The models I saw did not mind they were petting and feeding them.

What a piddly thing to whine about.

First world problems, right?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

No one in this tread stated they can't stand to be around dogs.  A lot of people own dogs that their primary "job" is to "guard"  the outside domicile as well as inside.  Does not mean these "guard" dogs are not loved, very well cared for.

@Mz iMac, the poster to whom I replied, said nothing about her family's dog being one that guards the house.

My husband's family had three cocker spaniels that were never allowed inside. They were most definitely not guard dogs.

In the past, it was common to keep pet dogs outside. Now, not so much.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

The poster said she didn't believe dogs should be kept inside, out of one room. She believed dogs should be primarily kept outside.

I disagree with that and my opinion will not change.

Honored Contributor

I've watched several of the Beekman shows on HSN. In every case, the hosts seemed quite comfortable with the goats. I can't recall anyone who appeared to mind.  Some even held them.  I think they're adorable!  And by now, it wouldn't seem like a Beekman show to me if they did not bring the goats!