Honored Contributor

Ummm janitors clean up way worse mess in human restrooms every day.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Animals on the set

[ Edited ]

@bmorechick wrote:

While the goats were cute, they are outside animals and belong in a barn or outside. Same with the dogs Chaz brings. Nice dogs but seriously? Leave them home or with a pet sitter.  We grew up with dogs, but the dog stayed outside in most weather, except for rain, snow or bitter cold. They had a nice dog house and when inside, stayed in the laundry room.No roaming the house or up on furniture.  They are animals...not people or children. Omg what next...

@bmorechick, I am not an "animals rule the world" person, but I just don't get having a dog but keeping him outside. I surely agree that goats belong there, but dogs, if not always in history, now are primarily human companions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

While the goats were cute, they are outside animals and belong in a barn or outside. Same with the dogs Chaz brings. Nice dogs but seriously? Leave them home or with a pet sitter.  We grew up with dogs, but the dog stayed outside in most weather, except for rain, snow or bitter cold. They had a nice dog house and when inside, stayed in the laundry room.No roaming the house or up on furniture.  They are animals...not people or children. Omg what next...

I couldn't disagree more about the opinion that dogs belong outside. Dogs are pack animals who bond with their human "pack". They are not happy living isolated and many of them develop severe problems when they are left alone.

Why even have a dog if you can't stand to have them around you?

I think the goats are entertaining. I don't use the products either, but I enjoy seeing the goats.

Honored Contributor

Not far from the truth as far as what it actually looks like in real life...

download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

When I was young, I had a pet Alpine male goat, and he didn't smell.

Know why?

Because as my late mother used to say, she had him de-horned and de-nutted (neutered).

No smell.

As for cleaning up their poop, if you are hired as a janitor at QVC, you clean everything, including goat poop.

In case anybody didn't know, goat poop is pellets, kinda like rabbit poop.

So all you need is a broom and a dust pan.

It's not like you would be cleaning up steaming cow patties.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@OldNana80 wrote:

There is something about having those two live goats on the sets that is unsettling to

me.  Gary Goban was afraid they would jump on him and I am sure the models would

not like it either.  Who cleans us their "waste matter"?  Seeing those live goats just turns me off and I don't even want to hear the presentation about the products. JMHO.

Isn't Gary Goban the Denim & Co rep? Were the goats helping to sell the clothing?  Hopefully there are no kitchen or food shows today. 

Denim & Co. was selling denim overalls today and needed goats to complete the "farm effect" on set.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My SO's sister had goats and they would come in the house.  They were very clean and would let them know when they needed to go - although there were times when they got into things they were not supposed to but dogs, cats and kids often do that also.  

Valued Contributor

I LOVE the goats!!! So cute.

Honored Contributor

There were three goats last night.  Someone was feeding them lettuce and carrots on the stairs by putting it on the steps causing them to climb.

They were pooping and peeing on the floors.  The camera person was not trying to avoid the poop shots.

The goats I saw were not baby goats, they were adults.  They seemed to be not scared of people, but they were not all that friendly.

I agree, they should do the shows without the goats. They are not necessary and very distracting.

Respected Contributor

FWIW, the "Boys" brought two goats on set with Amy and Courtney (I "think" that's when it was...P.M. Style?) last night for a promo before the TSV sale started at midnight. They mentioned that those goats were housebroken. Yep, that's what they said. Course my dog is housebroken, too, at my own house, but when I take him elsewhere, he can become unhousebroken if he so chooses. LOL!