Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I know a lot of you watch her.  I just read she's joined with BK Beauty to create a set of 7 brushes.  Why on earth are brushes to expensive and  what makes set A better than set B or C?  I just don't understand all the hoopla over brushes lol  

Capture.JPG

Honored Contributor

Me either! It's like a requirement for every influencer to have their own set these days. I've collected some here and then from IT cosmetics sets and other product lines and rounded it out with a modestly priced Sephora set. 
I'm not savvy enough to tell the difference. 

Honored Contributor

Heck......I buy E.L.F.......at Big Lots..........work fine for me!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

Me too.  If the bristles don't poke me, it's soft to semi-soft and does what I'm wanting, I'm good.  

Honored Contributor

When it comes to makeup and accessories, some women are very gullible.   Brushes are important but they aren't they be-all and end-all to makeup application.  Nevertheless, "influencers" are paid to persuade you. 

Trusted Contributor

Brushes are important but premium makeup brands charge premium prices for their brushes and they're not always worth it..  Quality brushes can be found at different price points, cheap brushes usually don't do justice to premium makeup. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Angie "Hot and Flashy"

[ Edited ]

Agreed. I do like Angie's videos, but I watched the recent brush one and it really, imo, was "too much ado about brushes." I still have brushes I've had from years ago, still going strong, a mix from Laura Geller, Bare Minerals and Mally sets from the past. I have basically all the sizes and shapes Angie has in her set.

Seems, lately, everything has just gotten a bit "over the top" "specialized" "hyped" and expensive.

Much as I enjoy many "influencers", I know it's their job and they need to monetize things, get paid for sponsering products & eventually sell their own, and that's the business model. All that said....lately....it's getting tedious that everywhere I look online SOMEone is trying to sell me SOMEthing. That's when I step away...take a breather...go outside, read a book, look at nature, take a walk, go cook something...anything to get a away from everyone "chatting me up" to sell me something. I can get wrapped up in it for a while, but then, enough.

I know...a bit of a rant there....but I agree, just a lot of hype to justify the $125.00 price tag, imo. Not that they don't look nice, but too much. And...all the very specific instruction on just how each tip and angle work....I've put my makeup on my whole life just fine with a few brushes, and some are very interchangeable. Just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

When it comes to makeup and accessories, some women are very gullible.   Brushes are important but they aren't they be-all and end-all to makeup application.  Nevertheless, "influencers" are paid to persuade you. 

@Tinkrbl44   I resectfully diagree. Brushes can make or break how makeup is applied. Very inexpensive brushes can shed leaving hair on your face that you need to dust off. Too large a brush can pick up a lot of powder...too small can make bronzer or blush appear as a streak  on the cheeks. The same is true for eye makeup. You need at least three. One for laying down shadow on the lid, one for the crease and another small fluffy one to blend.

Honored Contributor

brush company looking to sell brushes they picked her she has a huge following

and has a new house, she got divorced 

easy deal 

well made brushes do last,  I still have McEvoy that I bought years ago, however, in the meantime, cheaper brands came to the market with equally good products, Real Techniques is one of them 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Judging a brush good or better depends on the sizes available, the softness or not  of the bristles, the shape for the application needed and whether or not it sheds when washed. Brushes are available at all price points.

I've found through the years that an intitial investment for a good brush pays off since it will last many, many years if taken care of properly. I have some rather expensive brushes from Bobbi Brown and Trish McEvoy that have lasted decades.