Respected Contributor

Re: Andrew or Dr Dubrow?

[ Edited ]

I've been taking Andrew Lessman vits since he was on QVC!  His are by far,  BY FAR,  the BEST!  I even give them as gifts to people I love.  We always take his multi, immune factors, and several other core vitamins, and then add others during the week.  My husband and I take them, and watch people around us get sick throughout the year.....   and we just keep taking our AL vits.   I trust his knowledge, quality and manufacturing facility.  He is the manufacturer.

His HS&N is excellent.

Honored Contributor

DuBrow doesn't have the time to research vitamins and supplements.  He's cutting on people and putting his name on his skin line, he's on several shows and he travels to Evine...That's enough said in and of itself.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Without a doubt I say Andrew Lessman.  Been taking his vitamins for years and believe his are the best.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Andrew Lessman, hands down..He has turned my health around in many areas, and my Husbands..I would use more if we could, but I have to say his Friendly Flora is the #1 product I will never be without, ever...

Honored Contributor

Why vitamins from tv? I take Centrum Silver. Get it at SAM'S.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus I can only speak for Andrew Lessman's vitamins...haven't looked at Dr Debrow's products. I trust his knowledge based on years and years of research. His products contain the form of each ingredient that is best assimilated, in an amount based on research studies. His products don't contain the fillers, colorants, etc contained in most mass market products.

Honored Contributor

I would do a side by side comparison of the ingredients.  If they are the same, buy whichever is cheaper.

Respected Contributor
I could never take Lessmans vitamins...they are extremely binding causing me constipation. Also read of others on reviews. That said, I would not doubt quality...it's just that he adds too many other vitamins along with it. When I want a specific supplement for a specific need...I try to stick with a supplement that provides primarily the vitamins that help in that area. I don't want additional C, E, D, B's that are already in my daily. Anyway...I always have the same reaction to his supplements. I suggest looking at Dubrows or others without additional vitamins. Remember one thing....all these HIGH MEGA DOSES have to pass through your kidneys...alot of overload. I take one biotin daily, along with women's one a day...and most honestly, my thin, fine hair has greatly improved in volume.
Respected Contributor

Neither  Smiley Happy

I took Andrew's supplements for many years- from the Q, to HSN. I just assumed they were the best because of all the research he says he does.

When my mom had medical issues, her naturopath recommended Thorne supplements. They are FAR superior to A L. My body has responded much better to this brand....it's just excellent.

They have a product called "Biotin-8" that I would recommend to you. You can purchase it at places online like iherb....$23.10 for 60 capsules.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spot555 wrote:

Neither  Smiley Happy

I took Andrew's supplements for many years- from the Q, to HSN. I just assumed they were the best because of all the research he says he does.

When my mom had medical issues, her naturopath recommended Thorne supplements. They are FAR superior to A L. My body has responded much better to this brand....it's just excellent.

They have a product called "Biotin-8" that I would recommend to you. You can purchase it at places online like iherb....$23.10 for 60 capsules.

@spot555 Pure Formulas has 60 capsules for $10.70, 120 for $18.60, or they also have a Vegetarian formulation that is currently out of stock. They offer free shipping and free returns.

@sandylu I have been using Lessman's since he first appeared on HSN with the original ones which had a horrible smell. About a year ago I had noticed they did not seem as effective as they once were so I purchased a bottle of Consult Beaute and started alternating one week Lessman and one week CB. This seems to be working better for now.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~