Trusted Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Secure vs other meal replacements

I bought the 300 servings - one of each flavor. My favorite is coffee, followed by chocolate. But I have no complaints about the vanilla, just tend to go for the others more.

I love his teas and the ChocoNuvo. I chose the darkest type this time. It's still delicious, and I find that one or two is fine. The first time I ordered the middle version and admit I found it way to easy to to just keep grabbing "one more."

I'm looking forward to trying the oatmeal and oat bran.

Honored Contributor

I've tried many protein shakes and the best, by far are the Premier Protein shakes, IMO .... best prices at Costco and Walmart.  

Flavors are vanilla, chocolate,  strawberry,  caramel and  banana cream.   30 grams of protein, 160 calories and about 1 gram of sugar.   Great stats, IMO.

Premier Protein Chocolate High Protein Shakes, 11 fl oz, 4 count

Respected Contributor

I add the Secure to Almond Milk rather than water.  For me the water makes it too thin and the almond milk really enhances the flavor of the Secure.  I bought the bundle with the Vanilla, Choc and Coffee the time prior to this, when it was a TS.   I just have to remember to use it more often!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I've tried many protein shakes and the best, by far are the Premier Protein shakes, IMO .... best prices at Costco and Walmart.  

Flavors are vanilla, chocolate,  strawberry,  caramel and  banana cream.   30 grams of protein, 160 calories and about 1 gram of sugar.   Great stats, IMO.

This product does contain sucralose which can be problematic for some.  It also contains artificial flavors.  

Trusted Contributor

Actually, Secure also contains sucralose, as well as Ace-K. The main sweetener is fructose.

Respected Contributor

Soy protein and only 7 grams.  If I'm getting a meal replacement I expect a lot more protein than that, and no soy!

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Soy protein and only 7 grams.  If I'm getting a meal replacement I expect a lot more protein than that, and no soy!

@RainyDayGal

Yeah, that's what stopped me from even trying this one ... only seven grams of protein?    Seriously?

Honored Contributor

@juperier wrote:

Actually, Secure also contains sucralose, as well as Ace-K. The main sweetener is fructose.

I do use Secure either.  I don't do any meal replacement shakes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Exactly.  The low amount of protein is what bothers me.  I know that he and the hosts talk about adding other stuff to this but by the time you add what they add, the calories in the shake would be more than I typically eat for lunch or breakfast so why bother?  It wouldn't reduce my caloric intake at all. 

I'm a protein bar eater and never bothered checking ingredients except the sweetener. So many of them have malitol or other "tol" ingredient that doesn't sit well with me.  I just now started to pay attention to the protein source and most of them are soy protein.  I'm going to hunt for some that have a different protein source.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Premier is the best, I agree. But the chocolate doesn't fill that 'I want chocolate!! ' mode ! So I bought Andrew's chocolate, hoping it'll fill the need. Woman Happy

Premier is on sale at Costco this month btw!!!  Many more flavors avaialble on line (vs the store).