Valued Contributor

Andrew Lessman Secure vs other meal replacements

I want to try a good meal replacement to get a handle on things. I would like to use it for breakfast since I have gotten into the awful habit of sometimes not eating breakfast and then get doughnuts at the convenience store on my way to work.  i am 53 and went through menapause and the pounds are just mounting up (of course I am older now can't eat like a younger person anymore!)  I know I should plan out meals etc but my question is about the Andrew Lessman Secure.  Soy doesn't agree with me too well and I know he has whey protein, but is his good or does anyone know of a better meal replacement?  I know on Evine Consulte Beaute has one that has pea/rice protein, but  the reviews say it tastes bad. Any suggestions???

Super Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Secure vs other meal replacements

I have drank 2 of these already today! I LOVE it! I have a REALLY sensitive stomach and I drink both. I LOVE the coffee flavor for lunch and vanilla for breakfast so I can add all different friuts and flavors! My husband uses WW and I don't like the taste,I'm picky. Hope that helps.

Esteemed Contributor

Soy is absolutely out for me. Hits my estrogen receptors and I get PMS.

I buy Muscle Milk ready to drink & keep on hand. About $1.25 per serving. 20+ grams of protein, almost 0 sugar/carbs.

Valued Contributor

I know your dilemma regarding meal replacements. I've tried several ones,and the Secure works the best for me.  I have  problems digesting protein and I have no problems with the soy protein ( I also take the amino acid capsules). 

I know it doesn't have many protein grams, but I mix mine with greek yogurt and cottage cheese for breakfast, most mornings (otherwise I just don't get much protein in my diet..I go with what I can digest and tolerate.). 

I like the chocolate and vanilla, but did order the coffee this time, also.  Got the variety bundle.  I've been using Secure for a few years and have never had a problem with the soy.

I tried the whey protein, tastes ok, but I apparently cannot digest it as well, as it left me with some digestive issues...

You should try a small bundle and see if you like it.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised..

Valued Contributor

@RACALAMB2 wrote:

I have drank 2 of these already today! I LOVE it! I have a REALLY sensitive stomach and I drink both. I LOVE the coffee flavor for lunch and vanilla for breakfast so I can add all different friuts and flavors! My husband uses WW and I don't like the taste,I'm picky. Hope that helps.

Yes, it does!  I'm glad you said it doesn't hurt your stomach because my stomach is getting more sensitive.  I tried some super greens powder and my stomach hurt for a day after I drank it, was supposed to be organic, oh well.  I read the label on the Secure, but wanted some feedback of someone who has tried it. 

Super Contributor

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

@RACALAMB2 wrote:

Yes, it does!  I'm glad you said it doesn't hurt your stomach because my stomach is getting more sensitive.  I tried some super greens powder and my stomach hurt for a day after I drank it, was supposed to be organic, oh well.  I read the label on the Secure, but wanted some feedback of someone who has tried it. 

I have bought both the WHEY and soy and neither bother my stomach and they are not sweet from fake sweetners and they all bother me!

Valued Contributor

ptagirl

I think I am going to try the 100 or 200 bundle.  Probably will get the chocolate or chocolate and vanilla.  I think my problem is with dairy.  I was taking something with soy and the same time I was using milk/dairy more than usual. When I stopped the dairy I felt better.  Then just this month I started using milk thinking it was the soy and my problem was back.  I also think it depends on the quality of the soy.  I don't have any problems when I use Fairlife milk/dairy, it is lactose free.  Have you tried the other products that come with the TS bundles?

Honored Contributor

I've watched my coworker shrink before my very eyes doing meal replacement! Unfortunately it's a man so what he's doing and what you can do may not have the same affect. High protein, low carb, and he's lost a hundred pounds in a year. As for the Secure I liked it because I have kidney failure and can't take high protein and Andrew's is not that. When I ran out and tried to replace it with something for less money I found all meal replacements are very high in protein! My husband and I did it for the nutritional content more than for weight loss
Esteemed Contributor

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

ptagirl

I think I am going to try the 100 or 200 bundle.  Probably will get the chocolate or chocolate and vanilla.  I think my problem is with dairy.  I was taking something with soy and the same time I was using milk/dairy more than usual. When I stopped the dairy I felt better.  Then just this month I started using milk thinking it was the soy and my problem was back.  I also think it depends on the quality of the soy.  I don't have any problems when I use Fairlife milk/dairy, it is lactose free.  Have you tried the other products that come with the TS bundles?

@BetsyDoodle

Not  a meal replacement fan and would rather have a smoothie or small meal plus taking thyroxine they say soy interferes with absorption.

That being said all the other stuff in the bundle is delicious and really a nice plus.

Valued Contributor

Andreatoo an hopi,

Thanks for your replies.  I am also considering the Secure for the nutritional side as well as something quick, good for you and less calories so I won't have the weight get out of hand. Just would like to get 5-10 pounds off and then maintain that. My sweet tooth lateley has gotten the best of me. I think this will calm it down some. 

Glad to hear the oatmeal and chocnouvo are good and not "throw away" extras.

Woman Very Happy